Jerry Jeudy declares | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerry Jeudy declares

Our team needs more of everything. Depth is paper thin. The goal here is to pick the players you think will have 10 year long careers. the goal is to come out of the 1st round with 3 players who play 450 regular season games between them. When I think of Jeudy and teaming him with an improved Parker and Geseki (sp) ... How many AFC secondaries can keep us under 24 points per game? That should get us to 8-8. With 2 other 1st and 2nd round picks, surely those players could add a win or two. There is more than one way to improve the offence besides Tua or bust.

I definitely take Jeudy if he is there at 18. That being said if you want to improve the offense besides adding OL in FA and the draft we can get a stud RB in round 2. We already have Parker, Geisicki and Williams add a Taylor or Dobbins to that.

Top 10 is rich imo, and if I read correctly, Saban said only Tua received a Top 15 grade.
Lit up the bowl game, could of got himself back in that range. We’ll see but if we take any of the Bama receivers I prefer the other two anyway

Please no WR's in Round 1.

Just don't do it.

No RB's either though I admit to being infatuated with Etienne and I think i would use a late 1st on him. He is going to be Komara.

Please no WR's in Round 1.

Just don't do it.

No RB's either though I admit to being infatuated with Etienne and I think i would use a late 1st on him. He is going to be Komara.

I like Etienne, but I don't think he has anything close to the vision Kamara has. He can maybe be an extremely light version of Kamara because of his ability in the passing game. Think he struggles to stay healthy if he's the main back in an NFL system.

I'd take him with that Saints pick, but I preference Dobbins, Swift, and Taylor. I'd be good with any of those guys with #39.

Jeudy always looks great to me. Burst and fluidity and athletic arrogance. Similar to Amari Cooper but more variety in his gears and more of a bully.

The more dedicated analysts here always surprise me by seeing faults in Jeudy that I don't detect while watching sporadically. I'm not saying they aren't there. The samples must be small.

Plucky receivers are extra vital during a playoff run. That has always stood out to me, that receivers and tight ends are of certain value during the regular season but then it soars to an entirely different level in the playoffs, when one series and one play changes your fate. Flacco won that Super Bowl when the playoff opponents simply could not deal with Boldin, who had countless clutch grabs including 4 touchdowns during those playoffs. Contrast to one season earlier when Lee Evans of the Ravens simply didn't value the ball enough in the end zone and had it ripped out of his hands very late in a tight playoff defeat at Foxborough. All the work and dedication all season in those two years was decided by Boldin's caliber in 2012 compared to Evans' caliber in 2011.

Same thing yesterday with Buffalo. The Bills wide receivers blew that game. You only get so many chances in games like that. Josh Allen threw an amazing deep sideline pass to John Brown on third down during the second quarter while leading 7-0. It was a very routine play for an NFL wide receiver. Just deaden and drag your left leg and toes are easily in bounds, for a first and goal at maybe the 3, if I remember correctly. Instead Brown took a sloppy extra full step with that left leg, as if it didn't matter at all. I was going nuts. The difference between touchdown and field goal is massive for an underdog in a game like that.

Then just before halftime Duke Williams dropped another great pass in the right side of the end zone. That was another field goal instead of touchdown. In both instances the announcers did not properly condemn the wide receivers, or describe what likely was going to happen once a road team of moderate playoff caliber leaves points off the board.

Wide receivers are one thing if we're merely trying to go 8-8 or become a fringe playoff team. If you want to actually win the Super Bowl they are a different priority altogether. That's what I am saying. I could bore with plenty of examples from history...playoff games that went one way instead of another way due to catch or drop. Heck, the Patriots outcome might have been radically different if Edelman doesn't get sloppy and lift his head while dropping a simple pass on 2nd and 6 on essentially New England's final drive. That would have been a first down near midfield.

Last edited:
I would not cry if we ended up with Jeudy in the 1st but man, we have so many other needs.

Also, there are some other really nice WRs, ya?

Id take Higgins, Lamb, Swift and Najee in round 1, over Epenesa, D Brown A Thomas or whoever else.

What if you ignored the needs on D? Would that make it more palatable?
I cannot decide if we would be better off with a DL or OL heavy draft - we need both.

Also, Isaiah Simmons looks to be what Flores wants.

No matter what, Grier and company can't screw this up, right?

Jeudy always looks great to me. Burst and fluidity and athletic arrogance. Similar to Amari Cooper but more variety in his gears and more of a bully.

The more dedicated analysts here always surprise me by seeing faults in Jeudy that I don't detect while watching sporadically. I'm not saying they aren't there. The samples must be small.

Plucky receivers are extra vital during a playoff run. That has always stood out to me, that receivers and tight ends are of certain value during the regular season but then it soars to an entirely different level in the playoffs, when one series and one play changes your fate. Flacco won that Super Bowl when the playoff opponents simply could not deal with Boldin, who had countless clutch grabs including 4 touchdowns during those playoffs. Contrast to one season earlier when Lee Evans of the Ravens simply didn't value the ball enough in the end zone and had it ripped out of his hands very late in a tight playoff defeat at Foxborough. All the work and dedication all season in those two years was decided by Boldin's caliber in 2012 compared to Evans' caliber in 2011.

Same thing yesterday with Buffalo. The Bills wide receivers blew that game. You only get so many chances in games like that. Josh Allen threw an amazing deep sideline pass to John Brown on third down during the second quarter while leading 7-0. It was a very routine play for an NFL wide receiver. Just deaden and drag your left leg and toes are easily in bounds, for a first and goal at maybe the 3, if I remember correctly. Instead Brown took a sloppy extra full step with that left leg, as if it didn't matter at all. I was going nuts. The difference between touchdown and field goal is massive for an underdog in a game like that.

Then just before halftime Duke Williams dropped another great pass in the right side of the end zone. That was another field goal instead of touchdown. In both instances the announcers did not properly condemn the wide receivers, or describe what likely was going to happen once a road team of moderate playoff caliber leaves points off the board.

Wide receivers are one thing if we're merely trying to go 8-8 or become a fringe playoff team. If you want to actually win the Super Bowl they are a different priority altogether. That's what I am saying. I could bore with plenty of examples from history...playoff games that went one way instead of another way due to catch or drop. Heck, the Patriots outcome might have been radically different if Edelman doesn't get sloppy and lift his head while dropping a simple pass on 2nd and 6 on essentially New England's final drive. That would have been a first down near midfield.

I actually caught some of that Buffalo game yesterday and you are dead on. The analyst criticized Allen on that throw to Brown, noting that it should’ve been thrown a beat sooner. Nonsense. The receiver committed a common no-no that even pros get wrong - jumping to body catch or cradle catch the football. Only allow both feet to leave the ground if you’re going to catch it with your hands. Never let your feet leave the ground to body catch or cradle.

The receiver unnecessarily took a little mini jump with both feet as the ball arrived instead of keeping his feet grounded and extending his catch radius to snag it with his hands. Just enough of a jump to force his feet to come down out of bounds with his momentum. Also correct in regards to the pass to Duke Williams.

As for Juedy, he’s an elite player. But he’s dropped a significant number of perfect touchdown passes by Tua that were critical in big games. Starting with the SEC Championship Game last year against Georgia. He dropped two against LSU this year. They are there if you watch enough.

More importantly, you see the same thing in the spring game and in practice. It’s not as unusual for him to do as people think. They stick with me.

You don't want WR's in the 1st but would take a RB in the late 1st? I don't understand.
Well the logic is we have a nice pass catching corps but NO NFL caliber RB on our roster. A guy like Dobbins could really take the load off a QB and open things up. You have to use your 1B pick as opposed to your 1C or round 2 pick if you get Jeudy or like WR.

Last edited:
Well the logic is we have a nice pass catching corps but NO NFL caliber RB on our roster. A guy like Dobbins could really take the load off a QB and open things up. You have to use your 1B pick as opposed to your 1C or round 2 pick if you get Jeudy or like WR.

Being bad in a particular area doesn't alter the value of a position. If you need to spend premium resources to field a capable RB, you're starting from behind.

Back
Top Bottom