Jerry Schuplunski is going to NY | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerry Schuplunski is going to NY

An odd one.

My assumption is that Flores employed the staff he did due to familiarity, which is understandable when stepping into a new role. Now he's a year in, more comfortable with his own role and abilities and has seen these guys in action he's happy getting rid of O'Shea and allowing Graham and Schuplinski to leave, especially if he doesn't rate them that highly.

Why do Graham and Schuplinski want to leave? Who knows, maybe they don't like Miami, maybe they want to be closer to NE, maybe family reasons. Maybe they don't like Flores (prehaps he really is a hardass?), or Grier, or Ross, or maybe one of many other possible reasons.

Somethings off with Flores. We all swept it under the rug and I don’t remember it being talked about much, but that whole situation w stills was insanely immature. Why would he intentionally try to get under anyone’s skin like that specially one of your guys.
I have given Flores the benefit that he has grown and developed throughout since then, but that will always stick out as a dick move. Not sure whether it;ls due to inexperience or being an arsehole.

I think he was making a joke, and it wasn’t mean spirited at all. I also think it was kind of funny.
Hmmm......

It could be taken a few different ways, depending on the existing relationship between the two.

I don't support Stills' views at all, and think his comments about Ross were divisive.

The way Flores handled it, however, was very unprofessional. I'm a believer in the "praise in public, criticize in private" camp.

Embarrassing a player in front of his teammates, peers, and public because of personal convictions is divisive, as well.

An odd one.

My assumption is that Flores employed the staff he did due to familiarity, which is understandable when stepping into a new role. Now he's a year in, more comfortable with his own role and abilities and has seen these guys in action he's happy getting rid of O'Shea and allowing Graham and Schuplinski to leave, especially if he doesn't rate them that highly.

Why do Graham and Schuplinski want to leave? Who knows, maybe they don't like Miami, maybe they want to be closer to NE, maybe family reasons.
Be careful with making assumptions, a lot of people around here don't take too kindly to them. Apparently we are not supposed debate topics on a message board until all the "facts" have been released, documented and printed.

I quoted you as an example of something that's being said by many others, this post isnt directed at you in specific.

While I agree there are alot of positive signs in Flores 1st season, the success part has yet to come. 5-11 is not success, sure you can take some positives to build around but I wouldnt call it success. 3 of those 5 wins were against very bad teams(one of which was actively trying to lose), while the other 2 were impressive. They also lost vs the Redskins.

Im not saying I think Flores is not good, but he's far from out of the woods yet so I can see how this massive staff change could at least make people nervous...
I can agree with you for sure, but if you go through these 14 pages there are numerous posters using these coaches leaving as an instant negative for Flores. He's trash, a dick, hard to work for. All speculation just like his die hard supporters he can do know wrong. However I've seen more positives than negatives, I guess time will tell. I for sure know one thing I want Flores to be successful , and I would never take being right in my assumptions over the dolphins success.

I see we're still running with my garbage comment lol. Funny how things get misconstrued. I never once called Flores garbage/trash in this thread and I never will. But keep running with the narrative as you see fit lol

Last edited:
Off the topic question: How does one get admin or moderator status in here? Money? or Sexual favors? I kid i kid.....:munch:

Honestly, Flores seems like a huge prick. The Stills thing was just one example of this. Look how he treated refs during games, how he jumped down that reporters throat who laughed at something he said, and even how he interacted with other coaches on the sideline. He better start winning because people don't really put up with that kind of attitude if you haven't proven you are anything besides someone who was hired by your friend.

Now that's not to say I wasn't impressed with what he did last year. I'm just saying...are these coaches leaving the canary in the coal mine so to speak?

Off the topic question: How does one get admin or moderator status in here? Money? or Sexual favors? I kid i kid.....:munch:
You make it seem like being a mod is some kind of reward...lol! Cant speak for anyone else, but you couldnt pay me to be a mod, especially in here...

I quoted you as an example of something that's being said by many others, this post isnt directed at you in specific.

While I agree there are alot of positive signs in Flores 1st season, the success part has yet to come. 5-11 is not success, sure you can take some positives to build around but I wouldnt call it success. 3 of those 5 wins were against very bad teams(one of which was actively trying to lose), while the other 2 were impressive. They also lost vs the Redskins.

Im not saying I think Flores is not good, but he's far from out of the woods yet so I can see how this massive staff change could at least make people nervous...

It still boggles my mind that people think what Flores did getting to 5-11 was more impressive than what Sparano did taking a 1-15 team to a 11-5 division winner after starting the season 0-2.

I have never seen so many people cry about a staff from a 5-11 team leaving in the off-season.

Odd thing to see. Especially when you think how the defense was an atrocity outside the patented Flores look, Josh Rosen hasn't developed at all, and the offense looked like an atrocity if it not were for Fitzpatrick, Parker or Gesicki bailing us out almost every time.

Honestly, Flores seems like a huge prick. The Stills thing was just one example of this. Look how he treated refs during games, how he jumped down that reporters throat who laughed at something he said, and even how he interacted with other coaches on the sideline. He better start winning because people don't really put up with that kind of attitude if you haven't proven you are anything besides someone who was hired by your friend.

Now that's not to say I wasn't impressed with what he did last year. I'm just saying...are these coaches leaving the canary in the coal mine so to speak?
I have no problem with him calling out refs when the officiating is one sided. Not only does it make the refs aware that he may have a point, It also inspires the players to a certain extent. That's just human nature.

I actually like when he f**ks with reporters, especially the ones that ask intentionally provocative, or down right stupid questions.

I mean I know they have a job to do, but they don't have to be a**hats.

And that's why many of us didn't fall for that BS.

I have never seen so many people cry about a staff from a 5-11 team leaving in the off-season.

Odd thing to see. Especially when you think how the defense was an atrocity outside the patented Flores look, Josh Rosen hasn't developed at all, and the offense looked like an atrocity if it not were for Fitzpatrick, Parker or Gesicki bailing us out almost every time.
There really wasnt much to work with IMO, Fitzpatrick played above his average level on a unit that was pretty depleted of talent. I think Rosen not developing is much more about Rosen himself than anyone else...

Back
Top Bottom