Jersey Sizes, Replica or Authentic? And spotting the fakes! PLEASE READ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jersey Sizes, Replica or Authentic? And spotting the fakes! PLEASE READ!

gmoney41

Starter
Reaction score
You might want to sticky this one!

1. Jersey Sizes: Replica Jerseys run in Sizes M, L, XL, XXL, The Tag on the bottom Left will indicate.

Authentic Jerseys run in M-48 L-50 XL-52 XXL-54, The Tag on the bottom Left will indicate.

Replica:

Sleeves: Even though the sizes are L and XL for some reason the sleeves end up longer and even down to your wrists if you are skinny to medium built.

Length: The jerseys have a back tail part that is longer then the front end to make the jerseys look more authentic. This may be a problem for you if you do not like long jerseys, usually the jerseys are long.

Width: The jerseys are wide but not too baggy, if you get the right size you should be fine.

Authentic

Sleeves: Sleeves are tighter giving your arms some room but not
sagging down.

Length: Authentic Jerseys are made for players and are long with the same drop tail in the back. The Authentic jerseys may be a little longer than the replicas.

Width: 48 is a M and 54 is a XXL, youll find that a Large in a authentic jersey is fine if your medium built, if your skinny you might have a problem. XXL is huge with a XXL width and a XXL Length, you will be content with this jersey if you are really tall or really fat, width size.

2. So Whats the Difference?

Replica

"Reebok's Officially Licensed Replica Player Jerseys feature player name and number, team logos and emblems, and are designed to offer you the look and feel of the authentic without sacrificing your budget. Quality materials and craftsmanship is evident in each Reebok Replica."

Replica Jerseys usually run from $65.00 to $75.00
These jerseys have numbers and letters that are screen printed and can come off after some washing. The numbers ARE NOT stitched on and can fade away. You will also notice that the Jersey has holes all around and on the numbers except for the Shoulders and the players name. The sleeves also have printed material and DO NOT hug or keep your arm snug. The sleeves are more loose.

Heres some pics:
clear.gif

You can see the Holes in the numbers and all around the jersey, except the shoulders, also the sleeves just hang and the jersey has nothing sewed on.

clear.gif

Heres another great example of an Replica jersey the same details as the Jason Taylor one and this one STATES THAT IT IS SIZE XL, which only replicas are labled M,L,XL,XXL.

Authentic

"Get your name and number on official NFL merchandise with this Authentic Football Jersey from Reebok! Finely crafted to the same specifications as the ones your favorite players wear on the field, this 100% nylon jersey is perfect for any NFL fan."

Authentic Jerseys run to $269.99 to $300.00 (unless a great deal) :D

This jersey is made just like the ones on field. They are heavier because of the sewed on numbers, logos, and letters. The sleeves are also different with a tighter material that might snug your arms more. The lower left tag will indicate the size in #'s (ex. 48) and the sides are also a more stretchy material that lets your body breathe.

Heres some pics:
clear.gif

Great Pic

clear.gif

Notice how the letters and the numbers are all sewed on the jersey. NO HOLES! NOT SCREEN PRINTED!

clear.gif

The Size is 52!

Fake Jerseys
Fake jerseys can be found everywhere espically Ebay. Ebay is the king of fake jerseys. You can find more fake Authentic Jerseys then replicas because Authentic jerseys cost so much and they get the fake ones for dead cheap!

Lets see if you can spot um'

clear.gif
clear.gif

Here is a fake Ricky Jersey.
1. The number 4 is a totally different font then the Dolphins.
2. Where is the Navy Blue shadow in the number 4?
3. Look how big the Dolphins are on the sleeves
4. No reebok logos what so ever.

clear.gif

1. There are no other J.Taylor's on our team. It should read TAYLOR
2. The jersey is on ebay with a seller who has been questioned to have sold fake jerseys.
3. This jersey is probably noticable while being compared to authentic ones in person.

ALSO If you own any Dan Marino Mitchell and Ness jerseys then it is fake

On there website they clearly state that NO Dan Marino Jerseys have been made yet.

I'm not saying all jerseys on ebay are fake but if it seems to good to be true it probably is.

I have been looking for jerseys for a while and have noticed different things about fakes and Authentic.

Hope this helps out everyone.
If you have any other questions post it up on the main board, or if you want to see if something is real or not then post a link and everyone can help and decide for themselves.

gmoney41

EQT Replithentic

"The nylon/polyester Miami Dolphins EQT jersey from Reebok delivers superb value by combining quality and details that approach those of an authentic jersey with affordability rivaling that of a replica jersey. Features raised applique numbers on front, back and shoulders that sport a traditional ''stitched'' look. Includes torso section made of cool, ''breathable'' poly mesh. Team logo silk screened on shoulders Team name silk screened on upper chest Embroidered upper center front NFL Shield Officially licensed by the NFL"

These jerseys are fairly new, with the details of an authentic jersey and a replica jersey. The top shoulders and sleeves are the same as a replica jersey and are screen printed on the sleeves. All of the numbers and letters are made out of the material simular to the NBA Swingman jerseys.
These jerseys usually run $100.00

clear.gif

Slappy8800 said:
you forgot replithentic or EQT jerseys

I just bought one of those, very nice you dont get the holes in the jersey like the replica. Sewn on numbers and nice for only 20 bucks more, well worth the investement.

gmoney41 said:
You might want to sticky this one!

1. Jersey Sizes: Replica Jerseys run in Sizes M, L, XL, XXL, The Tag on the bottom Left will indicate.

Authentic Jerseys run in L-48 XL-50 XXL-52 XXXL-54, The Tag on the bottom Left will indicate.

gmoney41

Your info is wrong, according to Eastbay......
Authentics...........
M-48 L-50 XL-52 XXL-54 XXXL-56 XXXXL-58
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?TID=5555-41300507120141070663528-0&module=fangear&action=searchNFLGear&supercat=fangear&model_nbr=54067&sku=70321799

And your even further off according to Reebok's website....
Authentics...
M-50 L-52 XL-54 XXL-56
http://store.reebok.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=1381340&backTo=1772589&savePath=1124779.1124796&infoType=infosport

SpeedRush99 said:
Your info is wrong, according to Eastbay......
Authentics...........
M-48 L-50 XL-52 XXL-54 XXXL-56 XXXXL-58
http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/productdetail.cfm?TID=5555-41300507120141070663528-0&module=fangear&action=searchNFLGear&supercat=fangear&model_nbr=54067&sku=70321799

And your even further off according to Reebok's website....
Authentics...
M-50 L-52 XL-54 XXL-56
http://store.reebok.com/info/index.jsp?categoryId=1381340&backTo=1772589&savePath=1124779.1124796&infoType=infosport

Alright I got the sizes fixed.

:tongue: You had me worried for a second cause I just ordered an authentic Ronnie jersey last night and thought I got the wrong size!

I am worried about putting REAL players names on jerseys.

These jerseys are a good deal but still not cheap...and putting a real player on it (especially a rookie, like Ronnie Brown) is risky. What if the player is a bust? Or gets traded? Or suffers a career ending injury? etc., etc. In todays NFL, it's rare you keep players a long time. Other than Zack, JT and Chambers (maybe McMichael), I would be hesitant to go with a real player.

What about personalizing a jersey? Do you guys like the idea of your own name on a jersey? I mean, YOU will ALWAYS be on the team, right?;)

I do believe that a few years back there was another Taylor on the team. Therefore the J.Taylor Jersey may have been one on ebay from a private auction. I have a Z.Thomas one from a few years back because of Lamar Thomas and now I have a new Thomas one. So is that Z.Thomas jersey a fake too lol :lol:
Personally I hate replicas but I know authentics aren't cheap. Replicas just look aweful cheesy with the screened on numbers, especially after a few washes.

vadolfan said:
I am worried about putting REAL players names on jerseys.

These jerseys are a good deal but still not cheap...and putting a real player on it (especially a rookie, like Ronnie Brown) is risky. What if the player is a bust? Or gets traded? Or suffers a career ending injury? etc., etc. In todays NFL, it's rare you keep players a long time. Other than Zack, JT and Chambers (maybe McMichael), I would be hesitant to go with a real player.

What about personalizing a jersey? Do you guys like the idea of your own name on a jersey? I mean, YOU will ALWAYS be on the team, right?;)

You are not buying a house you are spending $135 if you bought right. It is a risk, but its not like thousands of doallars. I still have a Yatil Green jersey.

canesfins13 said:
You are not buying a house you are spending $135 if you bought right. It is a risk, but its not like thousands of doallars. I still have a Yatil Green jersey.

SO then I'm assuming you're against personalized jerseys?

I personally like the idea. I still have my Kareem Abdul-Jabaar jersey from 8 years ago. I swore I wouldn't do it again.

And I know it's not like buying a house...but I would still like something decent to wear to the games and on gameday! Parading around in some dudes jersey who was just traded to the Jets doesn't appeal to me.

I do still have a Marino throwback...authentic. Spent a fortune on it. But now I want one of the modern jerseys...maybe even an orange one.

Mitchell and Ness did make a Dan Marino Jersey. I worked for jersey shop in Vegas and they did make a Dan Marino jersey. It's Screen printed not with sewn numbers on it. It just discontinued. They stop making them.

Thanks for crushing me. :( I own a Dan Marino Michell and Ness Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom