Jesse Davis article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis article

Your thoughts. Mine are, don't release him. We need all the solid lineman we can muster.
Cutting him makes zero sense, for a couple reasons.

As pointed out in the article, the cap savings would be minimal, and he can play all over the line whenever needed, with confidence that it will not be a disaster.

It’s football, chances are at least one of your OL is gonna be missing every given week. Knowing that there’s a lot of value in having a guy who can be a somewhat competent backup at multiple positions. He certainly provides more than Jakeem Grant

Your thoughts. Mine are, don't release him. We need all the solid lineman we can muster.
Jesse Davis is an important insurance policy in case someone gets hurt.

The man can, and has played Tackle, Guard, and Center for the Dolphins.

Is Jesse Davis going to play the position consistently at a top level? No, but he can be a solid bandaid until the starter gets back...Also Jesse has shown the ability to have a better then solid game, so he can hold the fort if he has to.

When Davis was in the discussion as our best lineman a couple years ago, that showed that we had a real issue on the line. As our 5th or 6th best lineman that can provide veteran leadership and fill in across the line, he is way more valuable to the team than the cap space that cutting him could save. Unless there is a significant drop in play or some unrevealed injury or personality issue, no chance that he should be cut.

Injuries are going to happen and games missed. I think its a safe bet that at least one O-Lineman with get injured and potentially miss games (I don't want to put the kiss of death on it of course!) Its now a 17 game season as well. Gotta keep him. He's worth it.

Back
Top Bottom