Jesse Davis gets it, so should you | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis gets it, so should you

Jesse Davis is a bum speaking bum-ese. IF they pick up 2 OL in FA and one falls to us in the first two rounds of the draft, he and his extension are on the highway holding a "Will Block for Food" sign.

And that is the problem. Unless the Dolphins would pick Tua Grier can only fail in the minds of fans.

If he doesn't get Tua and quickly build a team around him (unlike the Colts with Luck0, then it's 100% a failure, regardless of what this backup guard says.

Were not the training grounds of the NFL, can't keep training GM's then discard them when you feel things aren't happening fast enough. Speilman, Ireland, screw Tannenbaum and now Grier - we can't keep training GM's letting them make mistakes and learn from them just to dump them and have them take that knowledge of failure to other teams for them to profit.

Don't like losing who does, get over it. The idea that it's a 1 year rebuild is ridicules, it has to be a multi-year rebuild.

Were in a division with the best coach/GM to ever guide a team and it's going to take some doing to oust him.

Minkah wants to be a cry baby, tough, he is here 4 more years we don't need to decide what to do with him right away, he finds someone willing to give us a top 10 pick 2020 good for him and us, he doesn't O-well he is just going to have to tough it out until we can get value from him.

Talent, or not, doesn't mean he is wrong about what he said.

They will spend money when they have their Qb

Ohhh....I can't wait. All the people complaining and complaining and complaining.
I don't think they understand (assuming we tank properly and get the top QB guy) we'd be a lot closer building a consistent teaming, challenging for play off contention every year, than we've been for the last 10-15 years.

But that requires taking a step back, being less emotional, and more objective.

This is going to be one of the most exciting offseason i can remember in a long time.

To pretend that he couldn't land Tua and even Trevor and sell them both is short -sighted

All Im saying I think it can be done and going into the season after 2 drafts lets say you will be looking at a completely different roster etx.

Yes they have to hit better on the draft and FA, of course but I think its worth it to set themselves up to give them a chance at it. That’s all Im saying.

Best case scenario for year two imo is they get Tua, fix the OL, and do an overall bang up job in the offseason to acquire talent any way possible. If that happens, I think the ceiling is being in the hunt for the playoffs in December.

I’m gonna bet anyone here miami plucks a qb with its top pick in 2020 to at least compete with rosen and adds at least 2 pieces to the oline in free agency this coming period.

Free agency is coming before the draft. They get the top pick they go shopping for protection for the qb they ride or die with in free agency as priority a. They could draft a piece with a high pick also on the o line.

It’s coming. That o line top 7 is getting an overhaul

You're not going to fix the OL with free agency. What you're going to do is make journeymen like Duane Brown the highest paid OT in history like the Raiders did. Or you're going to give Nate Solder or Ja'wain James $50+ mil. contracts. Or you're going to give Kelvin Beachum a $24 mil. contract like the Jets did, his 3d team in 3-years. You're going to get a terrible bum like Greg Robinson to protect your new QB's blindside like the Browns did for Baker Mayfield. What you're not going to do is fix anything. There are too many teams with awful OLs with a ton of cap space that can't fix them, why do you think the Texans traded the farm for Tunsil?

Davis is signed through 2022. Think about that. Career-wise, that's perfect for him, it assures he has a long career really, and makes some good change. For the team it gives us a solid patch player who can play T/G through the 2023 draft. We have a LOT of draft picks in 2020 and 2021, so we'll remake almost this entire roster. Davis can be the veteran voice of reason preaching hard work and technique to all those young players, as the rest of the OL gets replaced. By 2023, we'll be in position to replace Davis or move him to a backup at a reduced salary. It's not wise to replace an entire OL at one time, because it is a very cerebral position. There's a lot to learn technique-wise and tactically, and those gizzled old veterans are the ones who need to teach it to the rookies and younger players. Sure, the coaches teach too, but players put more weight on learning it from veteran players, so a good coaching staff keeps a few good veterans who can and will teach the younger guys how to do it right. And, are willing and able to lead in the locker room.

You're not going to fix the OL with free agency. What you're going to do is make journeymen like Duane Brown the highest paid OT in history like the Raiders did. Or you're going to give Nate Solder or Ja'wain James $50+ mil. contracts. Or you're going to give Kelvin Beachum a $24 mil. contract like the Jets did, his 3d team in 3-years. You're going to get a terrible bum like Greg Robinson to protect your new QB's blindside like the Browns did for Baker Mayfield. What you're not going to do is fix anything. There are too many teams with awful OLs with a ton of cap space that can't fix them, why do you think the Texans traded the farm for Tunsil?

Trent brown has taken that raiders o line to another level. I’m not saying they have to go out and reset the market on the o line. They just need to add some solid. And they need to add a piece or 2 in the draft that can help us.

They aren’t going out witb this Motley Crue we are fielding now in front of their ride or die QB. Not a chance

The problem with fans is that one side thinks we are tanking and the Dolphins are determined to take Tua with the 1st pick (which is entirely based on their wishful thinking). The other side side is disappointed because they thought we are still a possible playoff team.

Flores was pretty clear from the beginning on what this season's goals are: finding the right players to play in the right positions to build a foundation. They were aware that it may have losses as consequence but are determined to do everything to win games.

I subscribed to his philosophy because the approach is different from what we have done in the past. And the past did not work. Maybe that's why I was rather calm during and after the game last week and I stayed true to my philosophy never to leave a game early.

But here is the good news for you: talking to and sitting next to some fellow seasonticket holders and chatting with some of them after the game they are more patient and more calm than you could expect when you see that heap of trash posts here.

Our final record may end up 0-16 or 1-15 or 5-12 or whatever it will be. But the record will be a by-product of the changes to the system, philosophy and culture rather than an intentional tank or whatever people want to call it. It is a hard reset.

I am horrified about how some posters here have reacted. You know that an online fan base is totally ****ed up when those who advocated and cheered for a "tank" are now upset about a loss. A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter how these losses come about.
I counted about a handful of FH posters (not naming names but you know who you are) who can see what Flores/Grier are trying to do. Will it work? I have no idea. But it is well worth a try. But for most it is easier to just crap on Flores or Grier and the Dolphins in general.

Yesterday there was a great interview with Wilkins.

https://wqam.radio.com/media/audio-channel/09-13-2019-christian-wilkins

You my friend are one of the few that actually gets it! I have been a Fin fan for almost 50 years and some of these posts are insane. How many fans were so scared that we would not have a bad enough record to get the number pick? The Fins have done EVERYTHING to help to make sure that happens. What did some fans expect to see with this team close games? 20-30 point blowouts is the order of the day. Some Fin players will step up through this mess and others don't have the stomach for it and will want to be traded. Such is the process.

Can Flores and Co. get this thing right? We will see. Have the Fins got it right in the last 30 years? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity. Let the insanity stop. I am all aboard with team-tank. Trade out the waterboy if you need to get this thing right.

Trent brown has taken that raiders o line to another level. I’m not saying they have to go out and reset the market on the o line. They just need to add some solid. And they need to add a piece or 2 in the draft that can help us.

They aren’t going out witb this Motley Crue we are fielding now in front of their ride or die QB. Not a chance

Brown has played one game as a Raider. Come on. According to PFF there are 5 OLs currently in the NFL who are as bad as any PFF has graded in their years of doing analytics. They all have huge cap space. It's not fixable via f/a. I'll guess that come March of next year we're throwing money at guys like Taylor Decker or Jack Conklin and they'll demand top dollar deals even though they suck and we'll pay it, because we've always paid it.

Back
Top Bottom