Jesse Davis Signed To Extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis Signed To Extension

So he's long term starter?

Joe Schad
@schadjoe

Jesse Davis and Miami Dolphins: 3 year, $15 million extension, $4 million to sign, $8.5 million guaranteed. All per league source
Cut rate price for a starting tackle. Smart move on his part, IMHO, because what he really needs is long term security, and this deal does that as we now have an incentive to develop him, give him experience at tackle, and retain him if he's any good. If we cut him, he'll be more valuable to other teams because he was given this experience at both tackle spots in addition to his time at guard. That versatility will assure him a nice long career as long as he doesn't get injured.

that money tells me they aren’t sold either way.

Sold he’s a long term part of the plan or sold he’s cut material in the not distant future.

Could break either way. Smart to sign now though before he puts 16 games of right tackle or tackle period on tape imo.

It’s another one that I’d of let play out 2019 before I did anything.

Cut rate price for a starting tackle. Smart move on his part, IMHO, because what he really needs is long term security, and this deal does that as we now have an incentive to develop him, give him experience at tackle, and retain him if he's any good. If we cut him, he'll be more valuable to other teams because he was given this experience at both tackle spots in addition to his time at guard. That versatility will assure him a nice long career as long as he doesn't get injured.

We are his third NFL team and he will turn 28 in a few days. If anything, this is a move to retain our only starting caliber OL with versatility to play all 5 positions.

We are his third NFL team and he will turn 28 in a few days. If anything, this is a move to retain our only starting caliber OL with versatility to play all 5 positions.

Might be about tackle/guard versatility. May be tbe driving force.

He’s not being paid like a plus grade tackle if it were gonna hit the market.

Probably front loaded with a rip cord built in after 2nd year.

Back
Top Bottom