Jesse Davis Signed To Extension | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis Signed To Extension

Its chump change for a guy who's about to start 16 games at tackle... Worst case scenario, he's a backup tackle getting paid what he's worth, the upside is he's a fringe starter costing you 4M/p when a similar FA would cost you 6-7M/p...

I also think OL cost is about to go way up in the next couple of years... So there's that

Biggest problem here is he doesn’t have tackle feet. Like his feet aren’t tackle light.

Which means don’t get behind the sticks or chase the scoreboard.

There’s kryptonite here.

True. You never know when John Elway will start salivating over one of our average linemen.

It's like a chest x-ray.

John elway should be fired. But it will never happen cause he’s got a statue outside the stadium.

So free pass forever

Its chump change for a guy who's about to start 16 games at tackle... Worst case scenario, he's a backup tackle getting paid what he's worth, the upside is he's a fringe starter costing you 4M/p when a similar FA would cost you 6-7M/p...

I also think OL cost is about to go way up in the next couple of years... So there's that

I like this take. I think he can be an emergency tackle and serviceable starting guard all day long. And there’s value in that.

I just think he might be maxed out. Maybe coaching can be an offset.

Alright, who had Jesse Davis gets extended before the season and Tunsil gets traded? You won big!

4/28? For real?

I don’t know the money but they love his toughness and he’s an athlete. He’s got some pop in his hands too.

He started at left tackle for us that week with basically no reps and a bad idea to begin with and gase cut him in a imo spur of the moment move. Coming off a horrendous o line performance as a unit vs Tennessee if I recall correctly.

We gave up on billy turner too early. He’s the starting right guard with the pack and evidently Rodgers loves him (which I’m sure carries weight)

Too long on Dallas thomas too short on billy turner

Lol I keyed in in Turner quite a bit after realizing he was starting for the Packers opening night... He was the same exact player he was when he was here. Awful guard just really bad at what he does.

Lol I keyed in in Turner quite a bit after realizing he was starting for the Packers opening night... He was the same exact player he was when he was here. Awful guard just really bad at what he does.

You can’t match him up with Khalil Mack one on one.

I mean that’s a given

See
You can’t match him up with Khalil Mack one on one.

I mean that’s a given

It certainly wasn't one play... But if you can't trust your starting guard to go one on one against the best players at least a few times throughout the course of the game you've got huge problems.. Especially one you just gave a four year contract to.

See

It certainly wasn't one play... But if you can't trust your starting guard to go one on one against the best players at least a few times throughout the course of the game you've got huge problems.. Especially one you just gave a four year contract to.

I think you know this already but he was far from the worst graded pack o lineman in that game.

Whatevs. He’s gone now so water under the bridge.

They should have waited till at least after the Ravens game and see how he grades out.

horrible move in my opinion... no one on this line deserves to be paid well.

Back
Top Bottom