Jesse Davis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis

malzacher

Scout Team
Reaction score
its been a minute since I've been on here but was wondering what everyone's/Fins thoughts are on Davis. Did He do well enough to get a starting job next year and if that's the case, does that make offensive line less of a priority?

its been a minute since I've been on here but was wondering what everyone's/Fins thoughts are on Davis. Did He do well enough to get a starting job next year and if that's the case, does that make offensive line less of a priority?

You posted this in the draft forum.

At this point between him, Asiata and Larsen . . . RG is the position I would gamble on to get a competent starter between the 3.

Keep James, Pouncey and Tunsil

I actually think our depth is as good as I have seen in some time.

But LG is still a major priority tho and we need a good asset, whether financially or day 1/2 draft pick wise utilized on it.

Norwell is too rich, but I am all for spending in that 8-10 million range in FA or all the way to pick 11 if need be to solve it. Enough is enough.

Haha oops.. thanks for the feedback, I have similar thoughts about our offensive line. If they don't use the money for Landry, then they better use it for the line. Because that investment makes Tannehill so much better, makes every qb better. Offensive line is more important to this team than Landry IMO.

Haha oops.. thanks for the feedback, I have similar thoughts about our offensive line. If they don't use the money for Landry, then they better use it for the line. Because that investment makes Tannehill so much better, makes every qb better. Offensive line is more important to this team than Landry IMO.

I mean they can address LG with or without Landry resigning.

There are a few good options in the first two rounds as far as guard goes. Nelson, Hernandez, Wynn, Smith

You posted this in the draft forum.

At this point between him, Asiata and Larsen . . . RG is the position I would gamble on to get a competent starter between the 3.

Keep James, Pouncey and Tunsil

I actually think our depth is as good as I have seen in some time.

But LG is still a major priority tho and we need a good asset, whether financially or day 1/2 draft pick wise utilized on it.

Norwell is too rich, but I am all for spending in that 8-10 million range in FA or all the way to pick 11 if need be to solve it. Enough is enough.

In the little I watched him, Davis is better as OG than OT. Still need another OG

We need one LG and we're going to go imo. Even if James is let go we still have Smith and Davis to compete there and Sterup too. I see no way the FO goes guard at 11. They could have gone guard last year instead of Harris but didn't so why would they go guard even higher. If they get one in free agency then I don't expect them to go o-line at all in the draft unless is round 6 or 7

Ozzy rules!!

I’m sure we’ll over-pay for a FA guard who isn’t accretive to winning and we’ll let Landry walk. No more big money FAs outside of your own. Get some more young players in and do your damn jobs in developing players for crying out loud. Plug and play FA doesn’t work.

I’m sure we’ll over-pay for a FA guard who isn’t accretive to winning and we’ll let Landry walk. No more big money FAs outside of your own. Get some more young players in and do your damn jobs in developing players for crying out loud. Plug and play FA doesn’t work.

Worked well for the Rams.

In the little I watched him, Davis is better as OG than OT. Still need another OG

Hmm, I thought he was better at RT than RG lol. I'd rather keep Davis at RT, cut James, and try to find an upgrade at the guard spots. We can keep Larsen at for depth at any interior spot. Asiata might be able to contribute, Brendel is getting better. Maybe sign an above average G in free agency, and then address it again on day 2 of the draft.

Pouncey will probably stay (ugh), but if we did cut him, Mason Cole is an option, or maybe use his money saved in FA for a replacement

I think he played really well. Now if we can just not make the same mistake we made last year, which is taking our good guard and moving him to tackle and letting the tackle walk. That didnt work out well at all. Albert wouldve been a great asset for us last year. Keep James. Keep Davis at RG. Draft a center and let him play LG while Pouncey finishes out the last bits of his career.

I've been adamant I wouldn't spend big on a G nor would I take one at number 11. If we keep James we could possibly have 2 starting guards on the roster as I'm not counting out Asiata because he didn't contribute as a rookie. James is Key though if he walks I think Davis plays RT and we would indeed need to add competition at guard. I still use FA or a non first round draft pick to fill it. I want an impact defensive player, if possible at 11. I'm sick of watching us do a decent job covering WR's and get eaten alive by TEs and RB's. Until we fix that we're doomed.

I think so. He was one of the pleasant surprises this year. The offensive line definitely improved as the season went on, but I still think the team needs a legitimate LG whether in free agency or in the draft.

Worked well for the Rams.
IDK. They had a new HC and their QB developed significantly. The examples of failure w this approach far outweigh the successes. Good example is our own OV going to the Giants on that huge contract. He’s played well but they way over-paid.

First of all we better not pick a frikin OG in round 1, especially at 11. We better get a premium position there like DE, CB, elite DT, elite FS, or elite MLB. OGs in the NFL should be drafted round 3/4.

Davis did well enough to earn a starting job, so I think it’s his spot to lose at RG, possibly RT.

Back
Top Bottom