Jesse Davis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jesse Davis

I've been adamant I wouldn't spend big on a G nor would I take one at number 11. If we keep James we could possibly have 2 starting guards on the roster as I'm not counting out Asiata because he didn't contribute as a rookie. James is Key though if he walks I think Davis plays RT and we would indeed need to add competition at guard. I still use FA or a non first round draft pick to fill it. I want an impact defensive player, if possible at 11. I'm sick of watching us do a decent job covering WR's and get eaten alive by TEs and RB's. Until we fix that we're doomed.

I think the biggest issue is, We have 2 RGs in Asiata and Davis and a guy in Larsen who says his best position is RG. At LG it is all crickets. Biggest hole on the team.

Davis and Asiata should man the guard spots. Although, I hear this draft is deep at interior linemen.

You don't think he'd fall all the way to 11, do you?

Ozzy rules!!

He's just slipped from top 5, IMO. He's the best of the class but not generational is what I've heard. I've only seen highlights so far, though.

I know if his 3 cone doesn't impress he could go at 11, lol...

Presumption is the destroyer.

Asiata may not even be on a roster next year. He may be practice squad material.

Ted Larson is bad lineman. If he starts at RG expect grades just as low as Bushrod's.

Presumption is the destroyer.

Asiata may not even be on a roster next year. He may be practice squad material.

Ted Larson is bad lineman. If he starts at RG expect grades just as low as Bushrod's.
Why are you presuming we cut a 5th round pick at an area of need?

Larsen was not a terrible eyesore at LG, also considering he had a torn bicep that’s not that bad. Why do you presume he’s “bad”? He’s decent depth for every interior position.

Sorry but after your mock offseason of “substantial reality” not many will take you very serious my friend

Davis showed enough to be considered at RG. Larsen is a below average starter. Asiata is unproven and couldn't even see any game time in 2017. Eric Smith is another guy who is still unproven. If James is back it should be at a reasonable cap figure not the crazy amount he is scheduled to make with the option. Sam Young is just meh, and at best a below average backup OT. Zach Sterup is like a giant sloth trying to play OT. He shouldn't be starting in the NFL. Tunsil needs to improve, be more consistent and finally play up to his pre draft hype. Jake Brendel played well at times when he was called upon. He should be ok as the backup Center. However counting on Pouncey to stay healthy for an entire season and play at the level expected by his salary figure is why this team will continue to fail. It is not like Gase has a proven O-Line guru on his staff. So at the bare minimum the team needs to add more talent at OG and C.

Why are you presuming we cut a 5th round pick at an area of need?

Larsen was not a terrible eyesore at LG, also considering he had a torn bicep that’s not that bad. Why do you presume he’s “bad”? He’s decent depth for every interior position.

Sorry but after your mock offseason of “substantial reality” not many will take you very serious my friend

Fist of all, I'm really sorry that your mind lacks the scope to absorb what was written in the aforementioned thread, but it really isn't my fault.

I watched every game Larson played in as an Arizona Cardinal when he was in his prime. He sucked bad, and Cardinal fans despised his play. He is no longer in his prime and should probably hang up the cleats, but as long as someone is dumb enough to pay him; why should he?

As far as Asiata goes, for crying out loud, get a clue. Every opportunity in the world for him to step in was there last year, but the coaches couldn't use him because he just doesn't have the movement ability and skills for the NFL.

Fist of all, I'm really sorry that your mind lacks the scope to absorb what was written in the aforementioned thread, but it really isn't my fault.

I watched every game Larson played in as an Arizona Cardinal when he was in his prime. He sucked bad, and Cardinal fans despised his play. He is no longer in his prime and should probably hang up the cleats, but as long as someone is dumb enough to pay him; why should he?

As far as Asiata goes, for crying out loud, get a clue. Every opportunity in the world for him to step in was there last year, but the coaches couldn't use him because he just doesn't have the movement ability and skills for the NFL.

Irony.

I think the biggest issue is, We have 2 RGs in Asiata and Davis and a guy in Larsen who says his best position is RG. At LG it is all crickets. Biggest hole on the team.
Davis RG
Larsen - backups both G position
2 REALISTIC OPTIONS:
Sign C Jansen & Draft LG Rd2
SIgn LG Pugh & Draft Center
OLine Built with depth.

It's not even complicated. The team has to do what it failed to do in the off season last year. DRAFT a stud C/G combo guy. Start him at LG and slide him to pivot when Pouncey goes down. It has to be the right guy, of course, but if our scouts are doing their jobs we have a short list already. No more washed up line man.

lol. that is all.

Back
Top Bottom