Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jet fan on WFAN: "Dolphin fans jealous of the jets"

No you guys are in no way jealous of us. I just find it interesting that whenever I happen to stop by here there are usually at least two threads that are Jets related. If you stop by our boards you'll see we only give a rats *** about you guys twice a year.

Jealous...no. Obsessed...maybe. If you want to be a fan of a real team, come on over. We're accepting applications.
You are laughable...my brother in law is a HUGE Jets fan and he went with us to the Jags/Dolphins game. The whole time he whined and bitched about how the Jets suck, and their coach sucks, and their season is over...then all of a sudden the Jets are the greatest team ever...case in point!!!

If you have to move on, that's what you have to do. Fact is that we will allow fans of any team to post here as long as they follow the rules of the TOS. That's the way it is, the way it always has been, and that's the way it's going to stay.

There's a feature called "ignore" that you can use to not see posts from certain posters. Maybe you should try that. We'd hate to lose you, but Finheaven is not going to keep out people that can maintain a civil, rational discussion just because they are a fan of another team.

Dude I totally understand the rules. Its just a shame that I have to come here and listen to some homer about how great his team is and how bad our team sucks. I use this place to catch up on and discuss the latest news and not to have every discussion hijacked by some loser jet fan. I am aloud to have my opinion and it really sucks to come here and read such crap and nonsense. I guess i just don't understand the mindest of individuals like NYJUNC that just want to start a controversy with every post.

I wouldn't mind the Jets suffering 2 more losses to the Dolphins next season if it meant charging deep into the playoffs while the Phins ended up in third place again and under .500

Playoff experience is far more important to a team than beating a division rival.

The only people I see as being jealous are Rex Ryan and the Jets...they foolishly opened their mouths with nonsense rhetoric then choked on the field twice against us. Ryan is already spouting off yet AGAIN about how next year they are "coming for the Dolphins"...if that isn't jealousy I don't know what is...the man plays 16 games and the only 2 he's talking about are the ones against the Dolphins... Ryan as evident by his recent (and I'm sure not the last) debacle with the fans in South Florida, is a hot headed clown that can't contain his impulses...should be fun to watch him implode

Dude I totally understand the rules. Its just a shame that I have to come here and listen to some homer about how great his team is and how bad our team sucks. I use this place to catch up on and discuss the latest news and not to have every discussion hijacked by some loser jet fan. I am aloud to have my opinion and it really sucks to come here and read such crap and nonsense. I guess i just don't understand the mindest of individuals like NYJUNC that just want to start a controversy with every post.

You are certainly allowed your opinion. I was just letting you know Finheaven's policy, and a possible resolution to your complaint (Ignore feature)

I'm feeling you... and am a lurking member of a jest board but in respect for the blatant and often delusional homerism, since it is their board, I almost never interject a sense of perspective or reality. Here it's understandable that opposing fans would cross over from eastbeast into the main forum to defend their team, like a bull charging a red flag. In a sense we deserve it since we seem to be obsessing on our frustration that our better team didn't get the breaks to face Indy in a lay down end of season game or that 8 starters couldn't stay healthy to win games we should have. The reality is that while jest fans think it's "jealousy, " for the majority of us it's in fact frustration.

The problem I have is when opposing fans invade the main dolphins forum and start hijacking threads that have nothing to do with their teams, including pre-game debates with visiting fans of non-divisional teams or whatever that's really none of their concern, for the sole purpose of interjecting negatives about our players, our icons, our front office, etc. To me, this is unacceptable since it's none of their ****ing business. Almost every instance where I've observed an opposing fan on JI or TGG essentially talking smack, running down their players past and present, contentiously debating their claims... or downplaying their legacy for the sake of "objectivity" they've gotten their azzes banished and justifiably so. It's their ****ing board! I truly wish our policy was as heavy handed.

The only people I see as being jealous are Rex Ryan and the Jets...they foolishly opened their mouths with nonsense rhetoric then choked on the field twice against us. Ryan is already spouting off yet AGAIN about how next year they are "coming for the Dolphins"...if that isn't jealousy I don't know what is...the man plays 16 games and the only 2 he's talking about are the ones against the Dolphins... Ryan as evident by his recent (and I'm sure not the last) debacle with the fans in South Florida, is a hot headed clown that can't contain his impulses...should be fun to watch him implode

Yep, rex and the jets are clearly jealous of a team that was 2 games under .500 and missed the playoffs.:rolleyes2:

Nothing is shocking about it. You don't find it a bit odd that the top threads in the fins section on finheaven.com are regularly about the Jets? I mean, maybe there is some truth to the comments this guy made? We used to see that on TGG with the Patriots when we were jealous of there *dynasty. Thankfully that's over and we don't see it anymore.

I couldn't tell you the last time something about the fins was posted in the main section at TGG. The last thing at all was about Nolan getting hired and it was posted in the NFL section.

It's February 2. What else can be discussed in the main forum that isn't in the Draft Forum already? Free agency? That starts in March.

Also I imagine that if you and other rival fans weren't on this site, we wouldn't see nearly as much talk about other teams than we already have.

It's February 2. What else can be discussed in the main forum that isn't in the Draft Forum already? Free agency? That starts in March.

Also I imagine that if you and other rival fans weren't on this site, we wouldn't see nearly as much talk about other teams than we already have.

but it's always dolphins fans starting the threads ...

Rivarly is what makes sports fun..

Jets vs Phins is a very good rivarly and hopefully we can make it great again...

That being said.. Now that the fins have Mike Nolan running our D I am looking foward to us dropping 30+ points on your D your O scoring 7 to 10 on us...

We are going to own this division..

Rivarly is what makes sports fun..

Jets vs Phins is a very good rivarly and hopefully we can make it great again...

That being said.. Now that the fins have Mike Nolan running our D I am looking foward to us dropping 30+ points on your D your O scoring 7 to 10 on us...

We are going to own this division..

I agree w/ your first 2 sentences but you lost me on the last 2. We still have the better defensive mind(and better defensive players) running the show.

1. One of the Highest winning % of any sports team since the the merger compared to one of the lowest.

2. Two HOF QBs that have been battle tested, and proven to be among the best of their time, compared to a drunk pantyhose wearing overrarted hof QB who's biggest accomplishment was predicting his team would win in the superbowl....something I hope any player in the superbowl expects.

3. Only 1 of a few teams to go to 3 straight superbowls, and 5 in all, compared to a team that went once, and only once.

4. A team that had the winningest and 1 of the greatest HC of all time, compared to a team who's best (Parcells) after seeing the mess that wbas the Jets, took off within a few years.

5. A team that has won the the AFC east more then anyone compared to the team that has won it the least.

6. A team that has loads of HOF players, and many on their way, compared to a team that needs the NFL to throw them a bone every once in a while to get someone in there.

7. A team who's fans were have shown class every time the Dolphins have been on Monday night, compared to fans that were called one of the worst diplays on Monday night by the crew at that time in the 90s (Can't remember what game right now).

8. A team who's stadium has hosted the most superbowls ever, compared to a team that has to share its stadium with another Football team.

Oh yea, we are very jealous. :rolleyes2:

1. One of the Highest winning % of any sports team since the the merger compared to one of the lowest.

2. Two HOF QBs that have been battle tested, and proven to be among the best of their time, compared to a drunk pantyhose wearing overrarted hof QB who's biggest accomplishment was predicting his team would win in the superbowl....something I hope any player in the superbowl expects.

3. Only 1 of a few teams to go to 3 straight superbowls, and 5 in all, compared to a team that went once, and only once.

4. A team that had the winningest and 1 of the greatest HC of all time, compared to a team who's best (Parcells) after seeing the mess that wbas the Jets, took off within a few years.

5. A team that has won the the AFC east more then anyone compared to the team that has won it the least.

6. A team that has loads of HOF players, and many on their way, compared to a team that needs the NFL to throw them a bone every once in a while to get someone in there.

7. A team who's fans were have shown class every time the Dolphins have been on Monday night, compared to fans that were called one of the worst diplays on Monday night by the crew at that time in the 90s (Can't remember what game right now).

8. A team who's stadium has hosted the most superbowls ever, compared to a team that has to share its stadium with another Football team.

Oh yea, we are very jealous. :rolleyes2:

This has nothing to do w/ the 70s, it has to do w/ right now and if you aren't jealous of seeing a div rival make the title game I think you are lying.

Which is a better accomplishment is debatable. When you look on past seasons...Division champs has a nicer ring to it than, that year we got pretty far in the playoffs. So "much less" an accomplishment? I don't think so.

You can talk about the being in the division game all you want, in fact...I expect it to be in every thread you are in. I was commenting on jetsdef and how I'd be overly excited to have the season you guys did. Would I have rather had your season? sure...but Im not killing myself over it. If you made the SB, thats a different story. One game away, is still far enough that history will show you didn't win anything. We can still say we won the division.

Bottom line....you didn't win anything...but you made it further. Yippie...see you at draft time.

Its not debatable at all. One team made the AFC Championship game. One team was one and done in the playoffs losing at home.

I agree w/ your first 2 sentences but you lost me on the last 2. We still have the better defensive mind(and better defensive players) running the show.

Yet we still dropped 38 the first game and our O didnt even have to take the field the 2nd game to win...

Thank Shonne Greene and your speical teams for that 2nd one..

Back
Top Bottom