Jets becomes a must win now | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets becomes a must win now

The Jets hung with the Bills and should have beat the Patriots easily, this is by no means an easy game for the Dolphins if they can't stop the run.

As it relates to 2020 playoff aspirations? Yes.
However we're gonna get killed in our last 4 games and not make the playoffs anyway so, unless he's injured, they better not remove Tua again.

Looking like we need to beat the Jets, Bengals, Cheaters, Raiders, either KC/Bills, for a WC...the privilege of going to KC and getting donkey-stomped out of the first round. Not a prayer.

This run defense especially, is not ready for primetime.
The defense, especially? Wut?

The Jets are tanking but they are going 0-16. They will look to win at least one. Their DC is a real POS more so than Gase. He is probably going to blitz the **** out of Tua. Especially after seeing the Denver game.

Playoff-wise, I think Miami really needs to win the next two and head into the final stretch at 8-4. Of course, it's nice to be at this point in the season and talking playoffs. I don't think too many of us thought that would happen and very few "experts" had the Dolphins in playoff contention.

But let's not lose sight of what is really important for this year. It continues to be the development of the players, the effort etc. The only game so far where I didn't like the effort was the offense versus Denver. It looked like the Dolphins were sleepwalking in that one. The defense wasn't great, but made enough big plays to give Miami a chance to win. The lesson there is that Miami isn't good enough to just show up and win. And, there are obviously holes on offense.

Playoff-wise, I think Miami really needs to win the next two and head into the final stretch at 8-4. Of course, it's nice to be at this point in the season and talking playoffs. I don't think too many of us thought that would happen and very few "experts" had the Dolphins in playoff contention.

But let's not lose sight of what is really important for this year. It continues to be the development of the players, the effort etc. The only game so far where I didn't like the effort was the offense versus Denver. It looked like the Dolphins were sleepwalking in that one. The defense wasn't great, but made enough big plays to give Miami a chance to win. The lesson there is that Miami isn't good enough to just show up and win. And, there are obviously holes on offense.
For the playoffs we HAVE to win the next 2 then go 2-2 in the last four as long as one of the wins is the Raiders. That
wouldn’t guarantee it but pretty close.

I agree playoffs is not the main objective of 2020, just messaging a scenario.

10 wins with a 7th playoff spot will certainly get you in. I don’t think we win 10 games though.
I think in our case it has to include a win over the Raiders, unless Buffalo or other teams fall apart. 10 wins with a loss to the Raiders is tough. I agree I see 8 or 9 wins.

Sam Darnold will be back and light us up I see it coming

FYI - In my humble opinion!
JETS are ALWAYS a MUST win...
BILLS are ALWAYS a MUST win...
PATS are ALWAYS a MUST win...

HATE THEM ALL EQUALLY...

Sam Darnold will be back and light us up I see it coming
It’s much more likely we have a bad day offensively and give the Jets zillions of possessions and possibly short fields. This will allow them to pound old man Gore and keep the defense off balance. I’d say it’s unlikely they come out slinging it with Darnold and light us up. Need to play with a lead.

Back
Top Bottom