Jets/Dolphins With C Announce Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets/Dolphins With C Announce Team

Lol, you guys are way too picky.

Just be glad we dont have Iron Eagle or Beth Mowins.

Hey what was w the sideline reporter thing that went something like:

“We have breaking news from so-and-so - what do you have for us?!”

So-and-So sideline woman “THIS IS THE FIRST SUCH CONVERSATION THAT GASE AND GREGG WILLIAMS HAVE HAD LIKE THIS ALL YEAR!!!”

Booth guy “what did they say?’ What was the conversation??!!!”

So and so “I don’t know - the producers told me to say that. I’ll try to find out from Bob who passed it on to me”.

WTF??? Anyone else find that whole thing strangely odd???

You guys are funny. I get the reference but I never mistake that Lofton with this one who I watched tear up the league as a Packer in the ‘80s (later w Buffalo on their SB teams he was still pretty good). 14,000 receiving yards and 8 pro-bowls - 7 w the Pack. One of the smoothest (Jerry Rice esq) WRs to ever play. Respect.
Great, great player at Stanford also. So smooth, as you said.

That 1978 draft had a legendary group of receivers at the top in Wes Chandler, James Lofton and John Jefferson. It was a famous trio and touted all year toward how high they would do, especially in still such a run-oriented league.

And there was expected to be another first round receiver...Kirk Gibson. He was a terror at Michigan State. Gibson would run right past you with sub 4.4 speed and he was every bit as tenacious on the football field as the base paths. It was like a wide receiver version of Gronkowski only even more ornery. Before Gibson surprised everybody by committing to baseball prior to his senior season, he was grouped within the other three receivers, amidst heavy debate toward the order of preference. Chandler was always the consensus #1, however.

Great, great player at Stanford also. So smooth, as you said.

That 1978 draft had a legendary group of receivers at the top in Wes Chandler, James Lofton and John Jefferson. It was a famous trio and touted all year toward how high they would do, especially in still such a run-oriented league.

And there was expected to be another first round receiver...Kirk Gibson. He was a terror at Michigan State. Gibson would run right past you with sub 4.4 speed and he was every bit as tenacious on the football field as the base paths. It was like a wide receiver version of Gronkowski only even more ornery. Before Gibson surprised everybody by committing to baseball prior to his senior season, he was grouped within the other three receivers, amidst heavy debate toward the order of preference. Chandler was always the consensus #1, however.
What a class! I did NOT know that about Gibson. THAT is super cool!

Chargers traded Jefferson after three stellar years to GB when he held out. Then SD traded for Wes Chandler and they never missed a beat. JJ played a ho hum second fiddle to Lofton for some reason when he got to GB. Those three were all great receivers, but Jefferson in SD, was maybe the best I ever saw.....for three short years at least. A forgotten talent if ever there was one.

Back
Top Bottom