Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fan's think they will win the division...ROFL!!!

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Today, NFL fan Chris Gabriele says the AFC East will be football's best division, and he picks the Jets to finish on top.

"The AFC East has been the best division in the NFL for about five years now, and a new champion always seems to emerge. This year will be no different, as the Patriots' one-year reign will end. Here is my take on the AFC East for the upcoming season:

1. New York Jets (11-5): The Jets couldn't stop the run for most of last season, couldn't throw the ball and couldn't win at home, yet they still managed to win 10 games and nearly win the division.

The defense has been transformed. They lost a lot but gained a lot more with the additions of Sam Cowart, Donnie Abraham and first-round pick Bryan Thomas, among others. They now have better personnel to fit the type of defense Herman Edwards and Ted Cottrell want to run.

On offense, the Jets still have Paul Hackett calling the plays, but with another year in the system, the offense should be much more dangerous and consistent. The Jets' line is still one of the league's best, they still have a top-flight running back in Curtis Martin, and although the receivers aren't big, they are good. Santana Moss will be a major weapon this year.

2. Miami Dolphins (10-6): The Dolphins will be good, but not as good as some people expect. They will be about as good as they have been the past five or so years. That is good but not good enough to take the next step to an AFC championship game or Super Bowl.

The Dolphins have an emerging receiver in Chris Chambers, a Pro Bowl-type running back in Ricky Williams and a QB (Jay Fiedler) who is better than people give him credit for. But the key will be the offensive line. The line should be better it was than last season, but how much better once again will depend on health. The defense lost some depth along the line but still should be one of the better defenses in the conference.

I predict another playoff appearance for the Dolphins and -- for the fourth time in five years -- a second-round exit.

3. New England Patriots (10-6): One-year wonders? Not quite. They will be a very good team, but they won't catch some of the breaks they caught last year and will fall short of the division title. Tom Brady still has a lot to prove over the long term. He was great in his first year as a starter, but will he be as good in year two?

I think Brady will be fine, but the guy who won't be is Antowain Smith. And without a 1,000-yard rusher behind him, Brady will have a more difficult time in 2002.

On defense, the Patriots have a lot of veterans who played great down the stretch en route to the Super Bowl, but gone is a big key in Bryan Cox. He is valuable not for what he did on the field but for his leadership. Cox is a big-time leader whom the Patriots will miss and the Saints will love. The Patriots could make another trip to the Super Bowl, but likely will get derailed in the second round at the Meadowlands.

4. Buffalo Bills (7-9): I already thought the Bills would be much better this year after the way they finished up, giving the Dolphins and Patriots fits while also costing the Jets the division. They have a very good receiving corps and a new QB (Drew Bledsoe) who will help turn a mediocre offense into a good one, but the key will be the ground game. Bledsoe needs Travis Henry and Shawn Bryson to take some pressure off him.

On defense, the Bills have some good, young talent and should improve in the second year of a new system. Overall, they will be much more competitive but not good enough to secure a wild-card berth."

>the offense should be much more dangerous and consistent.

Wow I just have to laugh at this comment.Offense will be "Dangerous and consistent.".I want to see Jets line up to our new Defensive line and try to run at us ...

>The defense has been transformed. They lost a lot but gained a lot more with the additions of Sam Cowart, Donnie Abraham and first-round pick Bryan Thomas

I think there secondary will be fine but the at DT they are weak..They still can't stop the run and Ricky William will have a field day.......

>The Patriots could make another trip to the Super Bowl, but likely will get derailed in the second round at the Meadowlands.

Jets to AFC championship game I think not.....The jets have alot of question on Defense and on Offense.Like how would the secondary play and can Sam Cowart make it through the season healthy.The most important question how are they going to stop the run.On offense they got many problems starting with the Offensive cordinator to QB ...Jets Fan's think Moss is the answer to their problems but I wouldn't rely on him too much....He will end up being the slot receiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:monkey: Chris Gabriele
:monkey: JETS

What a moron. He is clearly a Jets fan. We got so much better that it would be impossible for us to finish below the Jets.

the jets have swept us for 4 conscutive years and only finished ahead of us in 1998...i really believe we will beat them in week 3 in the heat of miami with ricky running it down their stinkin throats...

On "PAPER" the Jets does have the best team in the AFC east, but that only paper.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

What paper?
we have more talent right now then the fins.

QB- Jets
RB- Jets
WR- Even/maybe fins
OL-Jets
TE- Even
DL- Fins
LB- Jets
CB- it close, but I would say the Fins
S- Fins
SS- Jets
ST- Jets

The "on paper" you were referring to was your oppinion......nuff said. Good luck this coming year...

Donnie Abraham lost his job last season to a guy that wouldn't even be our nickle back and you say CB is close between the 2 teams? You signed a backup from another team that was cut, Beasley has ALWAYS been mediocre, Henderson is very unproven and Mickens will forever be a nicklebacl! How in the world to you preceive this to be a close position talent wise? That is madness!

STs, in what facet of special teams are you better than us at?

QBs are even, at worst for the Phins. Testaverde is over the hill now, and if Pennington was any good he would be in there by now, and you have to admit that. What does Pennington have that Cade McNown doesn't? Fiedler is good, and Testaverde is over the hill and just had a very bad foot.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Donnie Abraham lost his job last season to a guy that wouldn't even be our nickle back and you say CB is close between the 2 teams? You signed a backup from another team that was cut, Beasley has ALWAYS been mediocre, Henderson is very unproven and Mickens will forever be a nicklebacl! How in the world to you preceive this to be a close position talent wise? That is madness!

STs, in what facet of special teams are you better than us at?

QBs are even, at worst for the Phins. Testaverde is over the hill now, and if Pennington was any good he would be in there by now, and you have to admit that. What does Pennington have that Cade McNown doesn't? Fiedler is good, and Testaverde is over the hill and just had a very bad foot.
I agree 100% about Chad. I was hoping the Jets would trade Pennington.
When I do the comparing I 'm only talking about the starters. Donnie still had 5 int last season.

Your starters are still nowhere near Surtain and Madison. You top 2 CBs wouldn't see the field on our team, only as dimebacks. So to say it is close is ridiculous. Abraham, 5 INTs and all, still lost his job last season because of his play. His play has slipped in the past 2 years. Whoever else plays your other CB spot is light years away from being nearly as good as Surtain, our #2. The gap in talent and ability(not to mention production) is so far, it is laughable to compare the units as close!

Fiedler is better than Testeverde, and our WRs are way better than yours. Ward was a number 2 over there, but he is a four here.

Ward was their #2 two years ago ice, they have better WRs over there now than 2 years ago. Coles has really developed into a solid WR, and they hope Moss can do the same. I hate Chrebet, but he is a good #3 WR(even tho he starts, he is better suited as a #3)

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Ward was their #2 two years ago ice, they have better WRs over there now than 2 years ago. Coles has really developed into a solid WR, and they hope Moss can do the same. I hate Chrebet, but he is a good #3 WR(even tho he starts, he is better suited as a #3)

What will Moss play? A return man, a WR, or both? If he'll play both, will he be at great risk of injury?

Back
Top Bottom