Jets Fire Gm Adam Gase Steps In As His Replacement | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Fire Gm Adam Gase Steps In As His Replacement

thats actually a bad move for the fins, Lee was a turd sandwich on the field
I wouldn't call him a turd. He is a young kid. Drafted in the first round in 2016. His first year stats are actually quite similar to Minkha's (outside Minkha's 3 INTs). I don't remember him very well so I have to go with the hated stats.

It is a Gase move. The body is still warm and he already swings that I-Have-The-Power stick around. Good for us. Good for KC.

I understand where Gase is coming from there. I was shocked that Bell got that kind of contract. Forget about who gave it to him. The idea that a running back of that age and with a serious knee injury in his background could sit out a full season, and then expect a massive contract, seemed like a total miscalculation to me. More power to him. I thought it was one of the great employee success stories of the salary cap era.

Darron Lee has always been viewed as a disappointment. Every Jets fan I know has always hated him. But I understand the frustration at shipping him at such low level of return. Gase has continually demonstrated he doesn't care about that type of thing. Once you are on his enemy list, so to speak, you are as good as gone. Lee had poor teammate and locker room unpopular whispers, just like some of the things assigned to Ajayi here a couple of years ago.

The Jets just got rid of a general manager who drafted Christian Hackenberg in the second round. I'm a bit miffed that Dolphins fans are supposed to celebrate.

I think the laughter comes more from how the entire offseason for the Jets have been in fighting. The coaches and front office didnt work together, Gase begrudgingly took Greg William's and Greg's son on defense, and William's begrudgingly took on Joe Vitt. Its humours when it's not you (and we were there when Philbin was here)

The bigger thing I've seen is people state if you were gonna make this move why did you let the GM spend all that money?

As for Lee. Yes he has not been good, but I always thought he was a bad fit for the Todd Bowles defense (though also was never a fan of him). I think going to a Steve Spagnuolo defense you will see a bit more production maybe not good, but better.

Of course that's been an issue for the Jets for a long time. Draft defensive players because they are the top player on the board but then be shocked they dont fit into the defense.

I wouldn't call him a turd. He is a young kid. Drafted in the first round in 2016. His first year stats are actually quite similar to Minkha's (outside Minkha's 3 INTs). I don't remember him very well so I have to go with the hated stats.

It is a Gase move. The body is still warm and he already swings that I-Have-The-Power stick around. Good for us. Good for KC.

he actually picked it up a tad last year even those most of the jets fans using hte "eye test' say hes a turd, his first 2 years he was ranked as the worst rookie in football, and year 2 the 2nd worst LB in football

he actually picked it up a tad last year even those most of the jets fans using hte "eye test' say hes a turd, his first 2 years he was ranked as the worst rookie in football, and year 2 the 2nd worst LB in football
Like I said: I didn't pay much attention to him. But a lot of people echoing @ChambersWI that he was a bad fit for the Bowles defense. I really don't know what Gase could have seen in that little bit of offseason that he simply trades a former 1st round pick for a probably late 6th round pick out of nowhere. Young kid on a rookie deal with probably more upside then downside. That just does not make sense unless he wanted to drill one into Greg Williams.

I do wonder who they would attract to be GM wth Gase there. I mean, he has a pretty poor track record and reputation at the moment and we could see an entire year of Gase running everything. Should the Jets GM be fired...yes, while Q. Williams is an excellent player, how much different is he then Leonard Willaims? Allen would have been a much better fit overall. The Bell signing was a classic T-baum move...its as if his ghost is running the show there.

Gase wasn't even able to handle all the responsibilities of being a head coach so adding more to that t going to be fun to see....I expect Chip Kelley type progress with him in charge.

Like I said: I didn't pay much attention to him. But a lot of people echoing @ChambersWI that he was a bad fit for the Bowles defense. I really don't know what Gase could have seen in that little bit of offseason that he simply trades a former 1st round pick for a probably late 6th round pick out of nowhere. Young kid on a rookie deal with probably more upside then downside. That just does not make sense unless he wanted to drill one into Greg Williams.

LOL exactly. maybe he was a square peg in a round hole, or maybe he just sucks, but it could've just been Williams told Gase "i can work with this guy in my scheme" when they were going over rosters, so Gase said "oh you can?! you sure about that?!"

Wow.

I didn't see until just now how hard Michael Wilbon ripped into Gase yesterday.

Also from a Jets perspective firing their GM wasnt necessarily bad. Now the Jets have not had good offensive weapons for years (and honestly Todd Bowles's approach to offensive coordinators may have been worse than Rex's approach) but just everything about how it was handled was awful... hell the whole offseason was a bit of a mess because the Jets tried to force assistants on every coach and Gase was the only one who allowed it

Oh some brilliant tweets on TGG today. :lol:

I thought the Gase hire would take at least a season to prove to be awful but wow he exceeded expectations.
Too soon for the fire Gase thread??
Maybe we can get a 5th for Darnold
All optimism for this franchise has been sucked out.

We will be in full rebuild mode in 2 years.
I feel sorry for Darnold drafted into this **** show.
We went from a team heading in the right direction to a team that drove off a ****ing cliff in about 12 hours.
The only hope we have is Darnold is good enough to overcome all this dumb****ery. That is if Gase doesn’t trade him for a 5th before season starts.
I can see Andy Reid laughing in his office.. Quick get the Jets on the phone while that dummy Gase is running things.[/QUOTE.]
And just like that we’ve become the new Bills of the division.
They have morphed into the circus/clown show that so many people have painted them as forever

A complete & utter joke of a franchise:
"WTF" should've been the new logo on the new helmets.

The moves show that Gase is starting to learn some lessons... from his time in Miami.
He needs to have his team constructed ASAP since the shelf life in the NFL is short.
The the lesson of not valuing draft picks remains, out there.

The ORG made a huge mistake in keeping McCagnah during the hiring process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom