Jets fire Ted Cottrell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets fire Ted Cottrell

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I saw on ESPN this morning that Ted Cottrell has been fired as the Defensive Coordinator of the Jets. The Jets defense wasn't good this year, but their personnel wasn't good either. However, on Sunday, they were very easy to throw against. They basically gave the Dolphins 10 yards on every passing play because they were trying to avoid the "big play," and I don't know if that was a very smart move. If the Jets corners challenged our receivers, we probably would have lost that game.

I think Cottrell will get picked up somewhere else as a DC.

The entire defensive philosophy was flawed. The Jets D was so intent on not getting burned deep that it would give up a 10-15 yard completion over the middle every time, that was why Cottrell deserved to get fired. I'd have preferred to see them get burned once in a while and play aggressively than that crap they did last season. The slow LBers hurt, but the way the Jets secondary was schemed, it was like it was specifically designed to fail. The only reason they didn't get passed on more was because the rush defense was probably worse, although I blame the linemen for that.

Back
Top Bottom