Jets gave up vs Dolphins. By 4th quarter, they weren't trying to win. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets gave up vs Dolphins. By 4th quarter, they weren't trying to win.

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Going into the 4th quarter, the Jets were down by 24 points. It would have been a huge longshot to comeback, but it's doable.

In order to have a chance, the Jets would have to go hurry up, throw on nearly every down, and work the sidelines.

Instead, the Jets decided to run the ball, throw the ball in the middle of the field, and go into clock burning huddles.

It appeared that the Jets had given up, and just wanted to make the score & stats look respectable.

Good decision by the jets...they knew there was no chance to win this game

No dude. Sparano is just a dumba*** and an incompetant OC. He always play like that, be it his team is winning or losing

Bye week started a week early for them

is that really surprising for that overrated and lacking in talent band of misfits ? coupled with that putrid coaching staff ??

the jests quit late in the game on new years day too. Hit the golf course early for the quitters

Good decision by the jets...they knew there was no chance to win this game

In the 2000 Jets vs Dolphins game, the Jets went into the 4th quarter down by 23 pts, rallied back, and won the game. Rallying back from being down 24 pts would have been difficult, but not impossible.

Honestly they looked punch drunk... Just lost and listless... I would bet the farm that they didn't go hurry up simply because they wanted to give Sanchez the few more seconds to try and see what Coyle was doing on the other side of the ball... he looked confused by our coverages and blitz packages all day...

The lights were on all night during the 'bye week' at Dolphins HQ... Our coaching staff put in the hours and it showed. The boys were ready.

No dude. Sparano is just a dumba*** and an incompetant OC. He always play like that, be it his team is winning or losing

exactly, that was US under sparano, ever seen chad henne run a 2 minute drill? I've tried blacking them out too...

The Jets totally gave up, they had no urgency at all. They also showed no desire to win.
Congrats on the win, the Phins clearly outplayed the Jets for the entire game.

does this not remind you ofwhen tony was in charge here. same crap. and i love it

Rex gave the jets 4 extra days off during the bye week. They spent all last week running their mouths instead of focusing on the game. They were overwhelmed and unprepared. It really didn't matter though , had they brought their A game , they still would have got thumped.

does this not remind you ofwhen tony was in charge here. same crap. and i love it

Nah tony owned Rex too...in fact I think Rex admired tony for beating him several times and figured he must know what he's doing...seriously who would think it a good idea to hire him as an OC???

You do realize Sparano replaced the hurry up part of his playbook with the tebow decoy wildcat packages right?

I love not having to scream at the tv for meatball and his no clock management. Now I just laugh!

brian schottenheimer must be lookin' PRETTY good to the Jests and their "fans" right about now...

Back
Top Bottom