Jets get a super bowl. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get a super bowl.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Here is why I say it never gets built.

You have the NYC Police and Fireman without contracts (how soon we forget 2001), and they are asking why the city can put 400 million plus to building a platform??

You have a shortage of schools, teachers and books, they are asking why a stadium?

You have locals that want no part of the stadium being built there.

You have a Mayor that tried to sneak this in (remember the Jets offer was $100 million) before someone asked why is there not open bidding?

Bloomberg wants this built for one reason and one reason only, he wants to become NY's version of Peter Uberoth.

You can build the stadium in Queens for a lot less, and there is an area that has a ton of vacant warehouses not for from Flushing that would make a ton of more sence!

That's a few of my reasons.

police and fire fighter will ALWAYS be underpaid, there sill ALWAYS be to few schools, hospitals, teachers.......ect.

they are thinking about the overall iincrease of revenue generated by the stadium. and garenteeing a SB, that will give the city more money.

they think about whats best for the bottom line, not best for the city.. thats the way it always is.

ch19079 said:
police and fire fighter will ALWAYS be underpaid, there sill ALWAYS be to few schools, hospitals, teachers.......ect.

they are thinking about the overall iincrease of revenue generated by the stadium. and garenteeing a SB, that will give the city more money.

they think about whats best for the bottom line, not best for the city.. thats the way it always is.

Mark my word, if they get the suberbowl and the Olympics, NYC will never dig it's self out of a hole.

Look what Greece spent on security alone! They are so deep in debt they will never recover. Yeah, the locals made money during that three week span, but they will be paying for that the rest of there lives.

Can you imagine what security would cost in NYC for those two things???

WOW!!

As much as I don't like Dolan and Cablevision, there plan makes a heck of a lot more sence for the city.

BringBackShula said:
I don't know why the NFL has gotten so soft on where they hold the super bowl every year. WHatever happened to the ice bowl or fog bowl...WHat happened to playing a Super Bowl under snowy, windy, or rainy conditions? THat's how the game was played back then. WHy are they getting so soft and only want indoor or warm climate locations? THe elements are part of the game. It shouldn't always be so warm and pretty!

Because the people with the big money, (Budweiser, Reebox, Coors, Nike..etc) don't want to vacation for a week in the snow. They pay the bills for the NFL, they call the shots. They want to party in Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans,...etc. Not in the friggin snow and fight the cold.

NY is different though because its NY and there are a million thigns to do

No it does not. The Giants have been in NJ since 1976, they have there practice field right next to the stadium and most the players live in NJ.

The Jets are based in NY, practice in NY, and never wanted to be in NJ.

The Giants are working on a new Stadium in the Meadowlands, it's not close yet, but they say they will spend only team money, no tax payer money, unlike the Jets.

Cool thanx for the update... I moved back to NJ and I Don't get the newspaper for some strange reason!! The Giants are the only other team I root for regardless of the opponent, so ofcourse I'd prefer the Giants to be here in NJ. The Jets and all their fans can go to NYC..

It always bothered me that the Giants didn't have a killer stadium in the City because it would be surrounded by giants instead of jets flying all over.

OutsideObserver said:
Yes the Jets need extra money, but putting up $720 million of their own money is nothing to sneeze at

It's not all there money, they have other people involved, $400 million would come from outside people, NY would have to built that platform.

As much as I hate the Jets, I expect a Super Bowl there to be a stunning success. NYC is likely the only cold weather city with enough going on to be an attractive choice for the game and could become a once a decade host with a dome to play the game in.

Back
Top Bottom