Jets get a super bowl. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets get a super bowl.

ch19079

Dolphin, its whats for dinner
Reaction score
N.F.L. Owners Vote to Give the Jets a Super Bowl

By CLIFTON BROWN
Published: March 24, 2005
By a 31-to-1 vote, league owners awarded the 2010 Super Bowl to New York, contingent on the Jets' completing a stadium in time for the 2009 season.

the Buffalo Bills were the only team to vote NO.

buffalo cant get a super bowl cus its to cold, but NY in the winter is just fine.... :fire:

good for them. good for the city. good for the league.

As long as its indoors, there is nothing wrong with holding a super bowl up north

Yeah, but the Bills don't get many MNF games either, I wouldn't be disappointed it's just not an exciting place, neither is your team.

MikeO said:
good for them. good for the city. good for the league.

As long as its indoors, there is nothing wrong with holding a super bowl up north

That was my thinking... pretty much guarentees it'll be a dome.

Also, I think this is mostly a bargaining chip by the NFL to get the Jets their own stadium. The city will be much more cooperative with building a stadium if it means they get to host a Super Bowl. Good move by the NFL to use it's muscle to help out one of its owners.

Here's to us winning the Super Bowl in 2010... just so we can rub it in the face of all the jets fans. :evil:

:D

I don't know why the NFL has gotten so soft on where they hold the super bowl every year. WHatever happened to the ice bowl or fog bowl...WHat happened to playing a Super Bowl under snowy, windy, or rainy conditions? THat's how the game was played back then. WHy are they getting so soft and only want indoor or warm climate locations? THe elements are part of the game. It shouldn't always be so warm and pretty!

its still strange that they say they want the deciding game to be in good weather, but they liek it when the playoffs are in the snow and ice..

but like someone said... it HAS to be a dome.

ch19079 said:
its still strange that they say they want the deciding game to be in good weather, but they liek it when the playoffs are in the snow and ice..

but like someone said... it HAS to be a dome.

I believe the plans are for a retractable dome!

BringBackShula said:
I don't know why the NFL has gotten so soft on where they hold the super bowl every year. WHatever happened to the ice bowl or fog bowl...WHat happened to playing a Super Bowl under snowy, windy, or rainy conditions? THat's how the game was played back then. WHy are they getting so soft and only want indoor or warm climate locations? THe elements are part of the game. It shouldn't always be so warm and pretty!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Its probably the only way the Jets fans can go to a SB.

Dolfan2788 said:
Yeah, but the Bills don't get many MNF games either, I wouldn't be disappointed it's just not an exciting place, neither is your team.
and your team is? :confused:

oh i thought they didnt specify which teams stadium it would be... thought they just planned a SuperBowl for NY. Anyways.. if the Jets move to NYC, and the Giants stay in NJ : that would be bass akwards. I'm from NJ and i hate the Jets but they belong in NJ while the Giants belong in NYC. Also, the Giants shared their stadium with the Jets and Now the Jets get a New one????????? the Giants deserve a new Stadium in NYC, also because the name " Giants " stands for the giant skyscrapers, while all the Jet Airplanes reside in NJ. It just makes more sense right???

Here is why I say it never gets built.

You have the NYC Police and Fireman without contracts (how soon we forget 2001), and they are asking why the city can put 400 million plus to building a platform??

You have a shortage of schools, teachers and books, they are asking why a stadium?

You have locals that want no part of the stadium being built there.

You have a Mayor that tried to sneak this in (remember the Jets offer was $100 million) before someone asked why is there not open bidding?

Bloomberg wants this built for one reason and one reason only, he wants to become NY's version of Peter Uberoth.

You can build the stadium in Queens for a lot less, and there is an area that has a ton of vacant warehouses not for from Flushing that would make a ton of more sence!

That's a few of my reasons.

AirChambers84 said:
oh i thought they didnt specify which teams stadium it would be... thought they just planned a SuperBowl for NY. Anyways.. if the Jets move to NYC, and the Giants stay in NJ : that would be bass akwards. I'm from NJ and i hate the Jets but they belong in NJ while the Giants belong in NYC. Also, the Giants shared their stadium with the Jets and Now the Jets get a New one????????? the Giants deserve a new Stadium in NYC, also because the name " Giants " stands for the giant skyscrapers, while all the Jet Airplanes reside in NJ. It just makes more sense right???

No it does not. The Giants have been in NJ since 1976, they have there practice field right next to the stadium and most the players live in NJ.

The Jets are based in NY, practice in NY, and never wanted to be in NJ.

The Giants are working on a new Stadium in the Meadowlands, it's not close yet, but they say they will spend only team money, no tax payer money, unlike the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom