Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Handed A Free Playoff Spot

Pleeeassee in what way did they deserve to go over the Texans? Huh? That's who should have went.
The head to head tiebreaker is as easy a way of deciding a tie as it gets. Fact is week one games count as much as week 16 games. In week one with a rookie QB starting his first game ever we went into Houston and absolutely destroyed them. Houston beats us at home week one and last nights game would have been meaningless for the Jets, they didn't they are now home watching the Jets in the playoffs. Simple as that.

They will be one and done. Only way they can compete is against backup players. Bengals will crush them next week in Cincy.

I understand the jealousy but we smacked the Bengal starters around before they pulled them and while it won't be as easy next week going ont he road I expect the same result.

Pleeeassee in what way did they deserve to go over the Texans? Huh? That's who should have went.

Huh? are you serious?

C'mon we both know that the heads up doesn't account for much with tie-breakers. The Jets were HANDED their last 2 games.... at least the Texans played their ***** off for their record. I understand that with the current system the way it is, yes the Jets should be in the playoffs... but they don't deserve it.

NE didn't go all out yesterday so how did we get the benefit of cincy while Houston didn't get the benefit of NE?

We controlled our own destiny last year and we earned and deserved our playoff spot. Would I say that NE would have done more in the playoffs than we did? Probably, I'd say so. Yes, the Jets earned their playoff spot by defeating two teams essentially having nothing to play for (as well as resting starters) and playing backups second half but by no means did they deserve it in my opinion.

You also didn't play any team that had something to play for in the last 5 weeks. Sometimes luck plays a role, we FINALLY had some good luck the last couple of weeks.

IMO the Jets won their playoff spot last night. But I have to say that if the Colts would have played their starters through out their game the Texans would be in. The thing I hated more than seeing the Jets dominate Cincy was how often they showed that Jets fan firefighter. I sware that guy had his own camra crew.

"Ladies and gentlemen, your super bowl champion New York Jets!"

I'd say we have about a .003% chance of hearing that. So don't get too stressed.

The Jets got lucky, but luck is a big part of this game; they're in the playoffs. Whatever. They are going to beat the Bengals next week in all probability; the Bengals ain't too good. Then they'll get bounced.

I'd say we have about a .003% chance of hearing that. So don't get too stressed.

The Jets got lucky, but luck is a big part of this game; they're in the playoffs. Whatever. They are going to beat the Bengals next week in all probability; the Bengals ain't too good. Then they'll get bounced.

Fin fans are talking about draft picks & you guys are talking about the playoffs/superbowl! I would trade a #12 pick for a #22 pick for my team to make the playoffs. Good luck in the playoffs.

It's better than a 0.00% chance, right?

I hate the Jets but they deserve credit, they did what they had to do. They are still playing when it matters and we are not. Dress it up any way that you won't, but they are a playoff team and we are not.

You also didn't play any team that had something to play for in the last 5 weeks.

Not that matters b/c the Jets making the playoffs in a year where you said you expected 6-7 wins now gives you the edge on talking smack to us with the "well we made the playoffs last year, you haven't since XXXX" but I digress.

NE 7-4 at the time
JAX 7-5 at the time
TEN 6-7 at the time
HOU 7-7 at the time
PIT 8-7 at the time

Every single one of those teams was in the playoffs hunt. It doesn't matter b/c again, you're in and we aren't. But your statement is BS.

Not that matters b/c the Jets making the playoffs in a year where you said you expected 6-7 wins now gives you the edge on talking smack to us with the "well we made the playoffs last year, you haven't since XXXX" but I digress.

NE 7-4 at the time
JAX 7-5 at the time
TEN 6-7 at the time
HOU 7-7 at the time
PIT 8-7 at the time

Every single one of those teams was in the playoffs hunt. It doesn't matter b/c again, you're in and we aren't. But your statement is BS.

I was talking about the last 5 weeks LAST YEAR.

2-14 SL
7-9 Buf(lost 8 of their last 10)
7-9 SF
2-14 KC
9-7 NYJ- we were a dead team having blown the division

Were you guys complaining w/ that guantlet down the stretch? of course not. We got lucky this year that Indy was foolish enough to rest guys, it's much better than the usual luck we have.

I must ask this question again, Palmer is a backup now?
Best thing about this whole thread is your avatar!
member.php

Awesome!

Imagine if they get "lucky" all the way to the superbowl.. Ughhhh.. Although the odds are heavily stacked against them.. Only 1 six seed has made it to the superbowl this decade and that was the 2005 Steelers.

I was talking about the last 5 weeks LAST YEAR.

2-14 SL
7-9 Buf(lost 8 of their last 10)
7-9 SF
2-14 KC
9-7 NYJ- we were a dead team having blown the division

Were you guys complaining w/ that guantlet down the stretch? of course not. We got lucky this year that Indy was foolish enough to rest guys, it's much better than the usual luck we have.

Understood Junc, my apologies. I didn't complain no, I'm also not complaining about the Jets this year playing Indy/Cincy at the end of the year. Others may be but not me.

The ones who are talking smack are jealous. Period.

Well this is gonna hurt so I'm just gonna get it over with..........

Congrats Jets. You did good. I don't think you deserved the Colts game but you whooped Cinci. Good luck in the playoffs............better keep your head in the game though, you're not gonna destroy Cinci at home in the playoffs like you just did last night. But after that whoopin you just gave em you should be able to win the game. Congrats.

Well this is gonna hurt so I'm just gonna get it over with..........

Congrats Jets. You did good. I don't think you deserved the Colts game but you whooped Cinci. Good luck in the playoffs............better keep your head in the game though, you're not gonna destroy Cinci at home in the playoffs like you just did last night. But after that whoopin you just gave em you should be able to win the game. Congrats.

Very true... We can cry and whine all day about how the Jets were given basically a free ride into the playoffs, but the fact remains, they took care of business and we did not, they pulled out the needed wins they needed and we did not.

Back
Top Bottom