Jets Keep Getting Better | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Keep Getting Better

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Jets signing Fabini is as bad a sign as I do? They have signed Fabini and Abraham since the draft and have a good young talented S to take Victor Green's spot. Who knows, maybe the Jets will even get Green back! The Jets can really be dangerous next year. They now have a good OL and DL. Secondary is a downgrade but still respectable. Healthy receivers this year will pose a threat on the AFC East.
It will not be easy facing the Jets, SB champ Pats, or the Jills all twice this year! Plus we will be competing against all three to win the division. I still remain optimistic and still think the Dolphins will win the AFC East, but it wont be easy. Anyone else as concerned as I am?

The AFC East is always a dogfight.
It should be no different this year, no matter how much we feel that the fins have improved.
The other teams have improved as well.
It will probably come down to the last couple games again this year, like it always does.

I'm ecstatic that the Jets are moving Kareem McKenzie to LT. We should be able to get a good rush going on over on his side, but Fabini will be a really good RT. They have the best Center in football, so their oline will be alright.

Their D-line, other than Abraham, does not scare me. Ferguson will help the run d, as will Lenny Webster, but neither are all pro. Ellis is a bust, and may not see much of the field this year and Thomas is unproven, but very fast.

Cowart has to be healthy for them to be a good LB corps. If he is, LOOK OUT! Amazing unit if he is healthy.

Secondary is obviously a sore spot. Mickens, Beasley, Henderson, Abraham are all decent corners, but nothing special amongst the group. Safety is a huge concern, and McGraw was not a draft favorite of mine so I'm glad he went to NYJ.

Their D can be dangerous, but is it scary? I don't think so.

J-E-T-S suck suck suck.
Thats all I have to say about that :D

I agree its always a dog fight in the AFC east, but the jets I dont think pose a threat especially if we play against Chad Pennignton.....:cool:

the Jets deserve some SERIOUS paybacks, and I don't doubt them, but rebuilding an entire secondary is no easy task ...

it's REVENGE time .....

Well we aren't in any position to talk trash about NYJ until we break the most embarassing streak in sports. We HAVE to beat these cats this year, it is getting ridiculous, and I hate not being able to trash talk NYJ fans.

WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO BASH THEM IF WE CAN'T BEAT THEM!!!!!

2-14, but 2-0 vs NYJ would almost make my season!!(not really, just showing how badly I want to be able to talk about the NYJ the way I used to about 4 years ago)

iam not just being biased here , me and my dad agree on this [the streak will end this year] . and we might sweep them .
when we beat them in Miami you watch i think dave will run up
the score.

Dave seems like too mellow of a guy to run up the score on anyone. If it happens though, it will definately be against the Jets. While I agree that the Jets are greatly improved, I also think that they are still the second best in the division. While I may be biased, the Dolphins are clearly the best in the division. Here is my opinion of who is the best in our division at every position.

QB-Miami-I know I'll get heat for this. If we don't have the best QB in the division, it is darn close. With a running game and healthy WRs, only Jay can stop himself from being in the Probowl. Besides, the Fins have the best depth at the position.

RB-Miami-This is tough because the Jets have Curtis Martin, but the Fins have better depth.

FB-Miami-Another tough decision because the Jets have Richie Anderson. Miami gets the nod due to Deon Dyer.

WR-Miami-I was going to say Buffalo, but desides Eric Moulds, who else do they have? Miami has 4 WR that have started on other teams, and that may become 5 if the CC thing happens.

OL-Jets-I have to give the Jets credit on this, they have one helluva line.

DE-Miami-Jason Taylor is the best all-around DE in the league. With DG, David Bowens, and the veteran that will be signed, this will be a very sound unit. The Jets are a close 2nd though.

DT-Miami-No question, Miami has the best rotation of DTs in the division.

LB-Jets-If Sam Cowart is even 85%, this is one dangerous unit. Zach may be the best linebacker in the division, but the Jets get the nod due to better 'backers on the outside.

CB-Miami-Best in the League, not just the division. Teams would love to have just 1 of our top 3 corners. Our secondary was the best in the league last season, and that was with Sam, Brian Walker, and Brock missing some time. (I think Brock missed some time last season, it may have been the season before)

S-Miami-I was going to say New England, but I remember DCH's report on Ray Green. New England is a very close second though

K-Miami-Olindo Mare. Nuff said.

P-Jets-Matt Turk is a beast at punter, too bad he signed with the Jets.

Special Teams-Miami-Trent Gamble and Scott McGharrahan? Could be fun...

This should show who the best team in the division is. Unless injuries mount, the Fins will be very dangerous this year.

QB-Miami-I know I'll get heat for this. If we don't have the best QB in the division, it is darn close. With a running game and healthy WRs, only Jay can stop himself from being in the Probowl. Besides, the Fins have the best depth at the position. (Bledsoe isn't THAT great, Testeverte sucks bad, and Brady is a one year wonder, agree)

RB-Miami-This is tough because the Jets have Curtis Martin, but the Fins have better depth. (I still got to go with the Proven Curtis Martin here)

FB-Miami-Another tough decision because the Jets have Richie Anderson. Miami gets the nod due to Deon Dyer. (Konrad is sorta in the Anderson mold, but I say the Jets got the upperhand here)

WR-Miami-I was going to say Buffalo, but desides Eric Moulds, who else do they have? Miami has 4 WR that have started on other teams, and that may become 5 if the CC thing happens.
(Agree)

OL-Jets-I have to give the Jets credit on this, they have one helluva line. (Agree)

DE-Miami-Jason Taylor is the best all-around DE in the league. With DG, David Bowens, and the veteran that will be signed, this will be a very sound unit. The Jets are a close 2nd though. (Gotta see how that Jets rookie DE does first)

DT-Miami-No question, Miami has the best rotation of DTs in the division. (agree)

LB-Jets-If Sam Cowart is even 85%, this is one dangerous unit. Zach may be the best linebacker in the division, but the Jets get the nod due to better 'backers on the outside. (Pats are close too, they have a lot of quality depth)

CB-Miami-Best in the League, not just the division. Teams would love to have just 1 of our top 3 corners. Our secondary was the best in the league last season, and that was with Sam, Brian Walker, and Brock missing some time. (I think Brock missed some time last season, it may have been the season before) (Agree)

S-Miami-I was going to say New England, but I remember DCH's report on Ray Green. New England is a very close second though (Got to go with the Pats, Ray Green won't see much time, if he even makes the active roster)

K-Miami-Olindo Mare. Nuff said. (Agree)

P-Jets-Matt Turk is a beast at punter, too bad he signed with the Jets. (Agree)

Special Teams-Miami-Trent Gamble and Scott McGharrahan? Could be fun... (On returns, got to go with the Pats, on Coverage, we got that down)

The main reason I ranked the 'Fins first at the safety position was because Arturo Freeman logged some serious playing time last season. So he should step into the starting role pretty nicely. With Ray Green playing as well as he is, he will add very good depth. The Patriots have Lawyer Milloy, but their FS (I can't remember his name) is no better than Arturo Freeman/Ray Green/Shawn Wooden. Plus the fact that they lost Matt Stevens though the Expansion Draft, I think that gives the 'Fins an edge. Besides, even with Lawyer, Ty Law, and the other 2 guys, they still only ranked in the 20's in Pass Defense(correct me if I'm wrong)

It was Tebuckey Jones or Otis Smith. I'm having a brain fart. I know they are their CB and FS, but I don't know which is which. Whoever it was, their FS was the one that made Lamar fumble at the 2 yard line :(

I remember that. When I saw that, it instantly reminded me of the season before when Brian Walker made Kevin Faulk fumble at our 5 yard line. We won that game 10-3. It wasn't as fun being at the other end of it. Anyways, minus that fumble, I think we would have won the game. We had serious momentum going for us when that happened.

It was Tebucky Jones. That guy makes WRs see dead people. We don't have a hitter like that at SS. The Pats have the best safeties IMO. Sure were effective against the Rams (although scheming had a lot to do with it).

Back
Top Bottom