Jets Last in East? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Last in East?

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
While this is not major news, it is mildly amusing. The Palm Beach Post printed their Football previews today and picked the division as follows:

1. Dolphins
2. Patriots
3. Bills
4. Jets

They also picked the Dolphins to go out in the second round :cry:. The Rams over the Steelers in the Superbowl.

I don't suppose their picks are anymore meaningful than our own, but it was funny to see the Jets last. Personally, I think the Jets will be good and a challenge for us, but if they finished last, the screams from New York will probably be heard in Sunny South Florida. :cool:

I think the Pats finish last.

Brady and Smith are both flukes IMO and they lost alot of talent at WR. I doubt Troy Brown repeats his year again.

Jets will battle us for 1st and may even win it.

The Bills will finish last IMO. Blowsoe will help, but their schedule is very tough. Their d-line is terrible and their o-line isnt lookin too hot either.

Originally posted by Phinstd
I think the Pats finish last.

Brady and Smith are both flukes IMO and they lost alot of talent at WR. I doubt Troy Brown repeats his year again.

Jets will battle us for 1st and may even win it.
was not sure before PS, but Vinny has convinced me that you s/b right

I feel the Steelers will not be nearly as effective this year for two reasons.

1. The wheels on the bus stop goin round and round...age is catchin up.

2. Kordell Stewart comes back to earth (already did in the playoffs)

I dunno I think they are like last year's version of the 99 Jacksonville Jaguars.

The Jets have looked sharp in the pre season but Vinny is 38 years old. If he gets hurt the jets are done as chad doesn't have the experience. I don't think Brady is a fluke. The Pats have a short passing game that Brady seems to have mastered and they have a killer new WR they picked in the second round. What's going to kill the Pats this year is everyone gunning for the Super Bowl Champ and no easy schedule this year. IMO it depends on what happens during the season otherwise Dolphins,Jets and then the Pats and Bills.

Well, if Vinny gets hurt Chad comes in. And I'll give Chad P the benefit of the doubt. While he won't take them to the Super Bowl, I think he'll learn from the exposure quickly and turn around and become a contributor.

I think...of course there's always the "Cade McKnown" syndrome to be wary of.

Originally posted by IceStorm

I think...of course there's always the "Cade McKnown" syndrome to be wary of.
or in the Jets case, the Rick Mirer syndrome ;)

It is a tough decision to who to rank as last in the AFC East. However, first is a no brainer! But I will have to agree... Jets will be last. They lost Scott and their secondary is unproven and subpar. Their receivers will be better though, but Testy is getting old and I am not impressed with Chad. Any other division they would be competing for the wild card or maybe even the division title.... Its too bad they ahve to play the Dolphins, Patriots, and Bills a combined 6 times!

Im going miami jets pats and bills ,in that order ...but all the teams will be good ..In my opinion the toughest division in the nfl

We are definatly the toughest, even though the NFC West has St.Louie and San Fran, they only have seattle and arizona to battle with. We have a tough division with no one that we can take too likely.

Phins- Not because im a finfan, but because 11-5 last year + ricky= 1st place
Pats- SB champs, they cant finish any worse than second
Jets- Vinnie is old, curtis is old, d sucks, etc, etc.
Bills- They have more talent than the jets, but they have a tough schedule for a bad team, i think that they will lose out of being 3 place by one game.

DolFan will you please erase one of the pics from your signature? I hate having to scroll all the way down past your every post.

Deion Branch who every scout has said is a reach as an awesome new WR? Please, Branch is small and will prove to be what they already have only worse.

Originally posted by PhinKev
1. Dolphins
2. Patriots
3. Bills
4. Jets

They also picked the Dolphins to go out in the second round :cry:. The Rams over the Steelers in the Superbowl.

I read a similar standing in Athlon sports I believe, and they had Bills, Phins, Pats, and Jets. Guess the Jets are supposed to crash this year, I'm sure Miami will help them all we can.:evil:

Eddie Irvin, who the hell is Scott? Do you know who is on the Jets? And Dolfan something or other, Curtis had his best year of his career last year, so since hes like 30, hes old, making him ineffective?

Back
Top Bottom