Jets not Drafting QB! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets not Drafting QB!

The Jets have a lot invested in him. I don't know what the cap hit would be if they let him go, but from what I understand, it would be big. Plus, you can't argue with the success that they've had when he's healthy. So, I could easily see Pennington there next year.

kastofsna120 said:
do explain

Average arm strength. He was labeled a "pop-gun arm" long before he entered the draft. Im sorry if you were unaware.

For the record, Marc Bulger was drafted in the 6th round the same year that Chad went in the first round. Bulger is leagues ahead of ol' pop-gun, especially in terms of arm strength.

If you think Chad was the reason for the Jets success you are severly underestimating their defense and running game of the past.

wazzy said:
Out of all the people on here who rip almost every player I thought for sure you would be the first one to point out his high school arm. His arm is done and it will be clear next season!
when healthy he's a top 5 QB. if he's back to health, there's no reason to draft a quarterback with that pick

his arm isn't even that weak. it's incredible how people jump on things with players because some douchebag on ESPN or whatevre said it, and then they hyperbolize it

Phinz420 said:
Average arm strength. He was labeled a "pop-gun arm" long before he entered the draft. Im sorry if you were unaware.

For the record, Marc Bulger was drafted in the 6th round the same year that Chad went in the first round. Bulger is leagues ahead of ol' pop-gun, especially in terms of arm strength.

If you think Chad was the reason for the Jets success you are severly underestimating their defense and running game of the past.
unaware of what? his arm is average. it's not as bad you think. it's very servicable in the NFL. it's pretty clear that his arm strength has not been a detriment so far to his success, as WHEN HEALTHY he's been great. very accurate to ALL AREAS of the field, whether it be downfield or to the sidelines. criticize his injury history, but his arm strength doesn't affect him much

kastofsna120 said:
when healthy he's a top 5 QB.

Oh? So how many of these top 5 seasons has Pennington had where hes healthy? Infact how many complete seasons has he had without missing due to injury? Oh thats right 0.

Which brings us to his other big issue other than a noodle arm, him being injury-prone.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
They will draft a QB, maybe not with the 1st pick, but rumors are they want to trade down and love Cutler.

Chad is one big risk!

:fire: I can live without drafting him but not to the Jets!

is this really a surprise? hell ill be surprised if they DONT trade down

69 mill invested in chad..ouch

I can definitely see them trading down. If you look at it from a buisness/cap point of view they almost have to, which means they could be taken advantage of in the value aspect.

FinAtic8480 said:
Jets | Pennington expects to be 2006 starting QB
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 10:29:54 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets QB Chad Pennington (shoulder) said he expects to be the team's opening day starting quarterback in 2006. "There are no questions people can ask about the success of our team when I've been healthy," said Pennington. "We've done some really good things and made history as an organization. I have history and proof of that and I expect to be the starter."

This is equivalent to Gus telling Saban "dont waste a pick on QB, I am your QB of the future."

A QB with serious shoulder injuries two years in a row who's going to be 30 before the start of the '06 season. As a Dolphins' fan, I sure hope the Jets decide Pennington is their guy...

Back
Top Bottom