Jets O looked good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets O looked good

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
Scouted the Jets first team a bit as they played the locals tonite. Jordan ran well, Moss is back to his speedy self, and Vinny even scrambled a bit! Phins could have their hands full with those recievers, Moss, Coles, Chrebet...all play makers! Better see Moss getting jammed at LOS, or he may be gone.
However, the D looked suspect at times. Plaxico out jumped Mikens for a long pass to the one. Big mismatch. I had visions of CC or OG doing the same. Looking forward to seeing that!

This could make for one of those old Dolphins-Jets aerial battles from the 80's.

Dude where'd you get that Dreadnaught poster thats an awesome nickname for Ricky.

Did Santana have any catches? Randel-El looked real good so did Terrance Mathis.

Santana had a couple of catch..it was the room that the steelers gave him that got me..He's suppose to make catches with that much room..He is speedy,,,,but I though he played when we play them in that 2nd game..I'm not sure, but he didn't have a monster game against us.

He did play. He didn't have any catches. The only notable play was one time from the slot he just put on the jets and ran a go route as fast as he could and actually managed to get a couple of feet on one of our defenders with another one chasing him as the ball went up in the air, but Vinny overthrew him by a couple of yards. Thats the only thing he did in the game against us, and I think he only had like 2 catches in 8 games or something when he came back.

IMPRESSIVE!!

I don't know about you guys but I was very impressed with the JETS tonight! Vinny was throwing some darts but SANTANA showed why he was a 1st round pick! He showed separation and ran excellent routes and just made plays against an EXCELLENT DEFENSE! I know it's the 1st preseason game but I hope the Phins look as good as the JETS did in their first drive although it was helped out again by a STEELERS SPECIAL TEAMS FAUX PAS!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
He did play. He didn't have any catches. The only notable play was one time from the slot he just put on the jets and ran a go route as fast as he could and actually managed to get a couple of feet on one of our defenders with another one chasing him as the ball went up in the air, but Vinny overthrew him by a couple of yards. Thats the only thing he did in the game against us, and I think he only had like 2 catches in 8 games or something when he came back.

You sure you did not doze off for a few? Moss had 2 receptions for 33 yards............

My stupid job kept me from seeing the game, but I heard the Jet's O manhandled the Stealer D in the first drive. Not taking anything away from them because I know they will be the Dolphins hardest game yet again, but remember 1 thing...The Jets 1st team offense has a few postions up for grabs. The top 3 wrs are all fighting for the top spot, Jordan is fighting to get more carries, and the o-line has competion for the spots that were left vacant from expansion and injury. Add to that Vinny T doesn't want Pennington, who has seen most of the snaps, biting at his heels. How does this matter? Well much like the Redskins on Sat the Jets had a much different agenda. They need question answered in their starting lineup, while Pitt needed a tune up and to stay healthy untill their back ups could get in.

Originally posted by Ozzy

You sure you did not doze off for a few? Moss had 2 receptions for 33 yards............

Ozzy he was responding to my ? about last year when the jets played us in game 2.
See MDFINFAN question right above his post..

Yeah I don't recall Santana having any catches against us in the 2nd season game that he played in. I was watching it in a bar though so there were distractions so I could be wrong.

last night's game

The Jets played a well balanced game last night, but this is just pre-season football.

The offense played well and it was great to see Santana Moss back in full swing..

The D shut down the BUS

Bryan Thomas no. 99 played well, so did Vinny...

Once again it was just pre-season look foward to the real deal

Monday Night will be interesting to see the FIns and the Bucs

See You on Sept 22nd

A couple of things... There is no battle for the top receiver spot, unless Santana turns into Randy. Coles is #1, Chrebet #2, and Moss #3. Chrebet will move into the slot on 3rd down, with Moss and Coles outside. And there is 1 O-line position, I think LG, It's betwen JP Machado, who was a key backup last year, and Jonathon Goodwin, a 5th round pick from Michigan. Last night, they both played, with Machado playing C for Mr. Mawae. Moss had no catches against you, I remember Vinny overthrew him deep one time, and he ran a botched reverse towards the end of the blowout.

Back
Top Bottom