Jets prepping for Terrell Owens? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets prepping for Terrell Owens?

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/167707p-146599c.html

prob just another rumor..but

10 million to spend...Chad Pennington...Santana Moss...Terrell Owens?..that scares me. T.O. in the big city...strong-armed QB..sounds like a perfect fit. As much as T.O. is a schmuck, I don't want to see him twice a year. I'd rather see him 16 times a year ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Strong armed QB???......When did they get rid of Paddington?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Strong armed QB???......When did they get rid of Paddington?

Augh, you stole my response! :lol:

Didn't Pennington try throwing a Hail Mary last year that barely even went 40 yards? He's an extremely accurate passer, and a great fit for the WCO, but I don't think anyone would call him a strong-armed passer.

In any event, I think the Jets have other things to worry about. TO would be a good pickup for them, but I think they need to rework the OL and DB spots, and start giving some serious thought to a replacement for Curtis Martin (if they don't think Lamont Jordan is up to the task, which I certainly don't).

Originally posted by phunwin

Augh, you stole my response! :lol:

Didn't Pennington try throwing a Hail Mary last year that barely even went 40 yards? He's an extremely accurate passer, and a great fit for the WCO, but I don't think anyone would call him a strong-armed passer.

In any event, I think the Jets have other things to worry about. TO would be a good pickup for them, but I think they need to rework the OL and DB spots, and start giving some serious thought to a replacement for Curtis Martin (if they don't think Lamont Jordan is up to the task, which I certainly don't).
sorry phunwin.....I just wanted to use the name "Paddington" :chuckle:....

clear.gif

Originally posted by phunwin

How dare you guys talk about Pennington that way?

He is a quality classy quarterback with touch on the football. He is not a thrower, he is a passer. His mind is a HEAD of what the defense is and if the Jests can support him, he WILL win the Championship!

I want to kiss you...

Report: Jets to release Testaverde

Report: Jets to release Testaverde
The 40-year-old veteran will be released after June 1 to lessen the salary cap hit the team takes, but the announcement could come as soon as Friday, the newspaper reported, citing an unidentified NFL source.

Chad's arm is definantly NOT strong, but he throws the most catchable ball in the NFL, bar none. TO would be a big help, but he's really not the big a deal with so many WR's in the draft. Thanks for the memories Vinny, you will be missed.

Far as the Jet sucking, I dunno, you guys are in pretty bad shape yourselves. We add a big WR, and shut down corner, and have a decent draft we'll be right back in the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom