Jets QB Sam Darnold out vs. Browns with Mono | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets QB Sam Darnold out vs. Browns with Mono

Wow, Jets have some kind of curse on them...

I think Darnold might be out for awhile... We may have another contender for the #1 overall pick!

my best friend missed like a month of work once when he was 18 or 19 cause of mono. i was in college we were just emailing back and forth, i remember calling him a ***** for it, then when i came home to visit fam like 3 weeks later he still look like death when i swung by the say hey...was like ooops sorry for saying your a *****, *****

Imagine. The Jets were expecting a great year with Darnold entering his second season and getting a new coaching staff.

I just read that Darnold is out this week due to having mononucleosis. This may sound funny, but mono can really knock out a young adult. This disease almost took J. Peppers career away. He got it while playing for the Carolina Panthers. He missed a lot of games and didn't play at the same level when they brought him back in. He was traded to the Chicago Bears late in the season or just after the season ended. He was with the Bears half a season before his play returned to the high level he had played at earlier in his career. It took more than a year for him to recover fully over 2 seasons.

The jets could possibly be without Darnold for the whole season. If they do bring him back too soon, he may not play as well as expected. Mono seems to really effect a players strength & stamina.

Adam Gase must be wondering what he did to anger the football gods to the point they take out Tannehill, just as he was starting to perform well and kept him out for two years. Now Darnold will likely be gone for some significant amount of time.

This should certainly work in the Dolphins Favor unless the Jets backup QB turns into a star.

Well, it wouldn’t really matter because Gase is a pure **** coach. However, now we might have to worry about the Jets tanking.

Actually it favors the Pats as they're the Jets week 3 opponent. I'm not sure we're still going to be good enough this year to beat the Jets unless they lose a few others before we meet them.

Imagine. The Jets were expecting a great year with Darnold entering his second season and getting a new coaching staff.

I just read that Darnold is out this week due to having mononucleosis. This may sound funny, but mono can really knock out a young adult. This disease almost took J. Peppers career away. He got it while playing for the Carolina Panthers. He missed a lot of games and didn't play at the same level when they brought him back in. He was traded to the Chicago Bears late in the season or just after the season ended. He was with the Bears half a season before his play returned to the high level he had played at earlier in his career. It took more than a year for him to recover fully over 2 seasons.

The jets could possibly be without Darnold for the whole season. If they do bring him back too soon, he may not play as well as expected. Mono seems to really effect a players strength & stamina.

Adam Gase must be wondering what he did to anger the football gods to the point they take out Tannehill, just as he was starting to perform well and kept him out for two years. Now Darnold will likely be gone for some significant amount of time.

This should certainly work in the Dolphins Favor unless the Jets backup QB turns into a star.

Multiple sauces reporting Darnold will miss multiple games

Most people start to recover from mononucleosis within 2 weeks, though some symptoms, such as fatigue, can take 3-4 weeks or even longer to go away. So a common treatment plan for mono is rest with a gradual return to normal activity. The goal is to ease your symptoms and treat any complications that happen.

He could miss a whole month

I hate the Jets, but I wish him quick and full recovery. Mono doesn't sound like a fun time, yikes.

I hate the Jets but they have a better QB and a better team this year than we do.

I wish our franchise QB had mono instead of what we have now.

Last edited:
The biggest thing that would keep a football player out with mono is not the fatigue or other aspects of the illness, but that the spleen is at a very very high risk of rupture for those engaging in contact sports. Can't play football (or lift weights, etc.) until the spleen decides to return to a normal size.

Back
Top Bottom