Jets QB Sam Darnold out vs. Browns with Mono | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets QB Sam Darnold out vs. Browns with Mono

I had it when I was 19. I remember I had to miss a ski trip (well I went but couldn't ski) because your spleen becomes enlarged and you have to wait for it to go back to normal. I bet he can't take any contact until it does even if he feels great.

I had it when I was 19. I remember I had to miss a ski trip (well I went but couldn't ski) because your spleen becomes enlarged and you have to wait for it to go back to normal. I bet he can't take any contact until it does even if he feels great.

Same. Except I was 18 and snowboarded haha

Doctor was REAL serious about me not taking any sort of impact at all. I think I lost about 5-6 weeks of that season.

To answer the question, "Yes" I think Miami has problems.

Not sure how this helps Miami if the goal is to secure the #1 pick except for SOS if the Jets lose to the to the two AFC conference teams not on Miami's schedule while still sweeping the Dolphins.

Edit: I realize my error, for every non-division loss the Jets have that will count twice in SOS since their record will be added two times since they are a divisional opponent.

Last edited:
How the he'll does this help us?

Jets gotta win at least one game. Now they're our greatest threat.

Gase has a horseshoe up his arse. He just got an out for what would have been a terrible season with Darnold, but now he has an excuse.

Well, it wouldn’t really matter because Gase is a pure **** coach. However, now we might have to worry about the Jets tanking.
Tanking Jets will be good for us.
We need as many non-QB needy teams at the top of the draft order as we can get. Just in case

Gase has a horseshoe up his arse. He just got an out for what would have been a terrible season with Darnold, but now he has an excuse.
Ha! Darnold hasn’t impressed me. Not last year, not this year. And w Gase calling the plays he’s managed to turn him into Tannehill 2.0. He had a YPA of 4 last week. And about 170 yards (40+ attempts) on 28 completions. Sounds like a lot of bubble screens. Gase is going to get a pass you’re right.

I had mono when I was like 19. It was brutal...0 energy ( I mean zero as in lay on the couch and only get up to use the john because Id piss myself in about 10 seconds) and I had every infection in the book because it killed my immune system. Seems like it was a few months before I was at full strength...

Multiple sauces reporting Darnold will miss multiple games

Most people start to recover from mononucleosis within 2 weeks, though some symptoms, such as fatigue, can take 3-4 weeks or even longer to go away. So a common treatment plan for mono is rest with a gradual return to normal activity. The goal is to ease your symptoms and treat any complications that happen.

He could miss a whole month

Rest = no working out and keeping up with being in shape. Not good for athletes.

Imagine. The Jets were expecting a great year with Darnold entering his second season and getting a new coaching staff.

I just read that Darnold is out this week due to having mononucleosis. This may sound funny, but mono can really knock out a young adult. This disease almost took J. Peppers career away. He got it while playing for the Carolina Panthers. He missed a lot of games and didn't play at the same level when they brought him back in. He was traded to the Chicago Bears late in the season or just after the season ended. He was with the Bears half a season before his play returned to the high level he had played at earlier in his career. It took more than a year for him to recover fully over 2 seasons.

The jets could possibly be without Darnold for the whole season. If they do bring him back too soon, he may not play as well as expected. Mono seems to really effect a players strength & stamina.

Adam Gase must be wondering what he did to anger the football gods to the point they take out Tannehill, just as he was starting to perform well and kept him out for two years. Now Darnold will likely be gone for some significant amount of time.

This should certainly work in the Dolphins Favor unless the Jets backup QB turns into a star.
Well, the silver lining in all this is that I took Cleveland and the 2.5points.

Back
Top Bottom