JETS,, Suck, Suck, Suck.. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS,, Suck, Suck, Suck..

I didn't really get any enjoyment out of those threads on Gang Green, because they reflect the fact that the Jets and Dolphins are in about the same place right now, and both fanbases are facing the same dilemma: More and more of us are becoming apathetic and walking away.

When people tune in to watch just out of morbid curiosity and can't bring themselves to even care anymore whether the team wins or loses -- almost as a defense mechanism against being kicked in the groin again -- you have a real problem. Even if you don't want to admit it. The Jets and Dolphins both have real problems.

I'm in full on tank mode, so yesterday was a little bittersweet.

Can't lie though. I'm a Dolfan first. Felt good to beat the Jests. Dominating performance, especially with Gase involved.

Also...

Gase the Whisperer couldn't scheme his way out of getting choked out by a 2nd year player (Wiltz), number 24, Rowe, and some other guys, some street free agents who JUST joined the team!

:lol:

I didn't really get any enjoyment out of those threads on Gang Green, because they reflect the fact that the Jets and Dolphins are in about the same place right now, and both fanbases are facing the same dilemma: More and more of us are becoming apathetic and walking away.

When people tune in to watch just out of morbid curiosity and can't bring themselves to even care anymore whether the team wins or loses -- almost as a defense mechanism against being kicked in the groin again -- you have a real problem. Even if you don't want to admit it. The Jets and Dolphins both have real problems.
The Dolphins are in much better shape than the Jets simply because Miami obviously has a good coaching staff. I've actually enjoyed watching the development of these players over the season, not only because that's what this season was about but we haven't seen this in a number of years.

I understand the frustration of a lot of years of ineptitude and I'm very concerned about the draft and FA period but I'm enjoying what's unfolding on the field. I'll let the off season play out and hope for the best.

They are not. No matter if you are a "Tank Believer" or a "Rebuilder" we are where we expected we should be. The final predictions for this team was between 0 and 4 wins. We are a roster of nobodies coached by a rookie HC and inexperienced coordinators. Everybody knew we had to grow and grow slowly.
The Jets? They were supposed to hang around .500, maybe slightly better. They were supposed to sniff the playoffs this year. They have their franchise QB and pay a boatload of money for better talent. We have accumulated a lot of cap space and draft picks. The Jets not so much. We are not in the same place. Not even close.
Same with Cleveland. A Browns fan asked me last week how it feels to be a 0-win team. I looked at him and said "look at your team. With all that talent you are a 2-win team with literally no chance of winning the division and maybe not even making the playoffs. The Browns were supposed make an impact this season."

We are not in the same place like the Jets or the Browns.

In regards to apathy: I feel sorry for those fans who feel apathy with the Dolphins right now. It only shows they do not know what they are watching. I love to win every game but I was never down on this team all year because I put this season in perspective. I see a young and inexperienced coaching staff with an even younger more inexperienced team slowly grow with every game. This season has given me more hope for the future than any of the seasons in the last 20 years.

The Jets and Dolphins are far from being in the same place!

They are not. No matter if you are a "Tank Believer" or a "Rebuilder" we are where we expected we should be. The final predictions for this team was between 0 and 4 wins. We are a roster of nobodies coached by a rookie HC and inexperienced coordinators. Everybody knew we had to grow and grow slowly.
The Jets? They were supposed to hang around .500, maybe slightly better. They were supposed to sniff the playoffs this year. They have their franchise QB and pay a boatload of money for better talent. We have accumulated a lot of cap space and draft picks. The Jets not so much. We are not in the same place. Not even close.
Same with Cleveland. A Browns fan asked me last week how it feels to be a 0-win team. I looked at him and said "look at your team. With all that talent you are a 2-win team with literally no chance of winning the division and maybe not even making the playoffs. The Browns were supposed make an impact this season."

We are not in the same place like the Jets or the Browns.

In regards to apathy: I feel sorry for those fans who feel apathy with the Dolphins right now. It only shows they do not know what they are watching. I love to win every game but I was never down on this team all year because I put this season in perspective. I see a young and inexperienced coaching staff with an even younger more inexperienced team slowly grow with every game. This season has given me more hope for the future than any of the seasons in the last 20 years.

I don't even get that logic. How do you look at these two organization and say they're in the same place? WHAT!!

Got rid of him one year too soon.

I'm glad he's gone. He wasn't, and probably never will be, a good HC.

We didn't really "get rid of him" though. He was told the way things were going to be, and opted to move on.

I don't even get that logic. How do you look at these two organization and say they're in the same place? WHAT!!

TO be fair to the poster, there are varying definitions of "same place." 1-7 is the "same place."

They are both many years away from being a top notch football team.

Are you sure about that? The current state of the Jets and current state of the Dolphins have the same timeline?

Back
Top Bottom