JETS,, Suck, Suck, Suck.. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS,, Suck, Suck, Suck..

74617638_10156829769577201_1242294912133627904_n.jpg

They are both many years away from being a top notch football team.
Many years and top notch are very subjective terms. Some say 5 years, some say 2 years is many years and for some it is anything in between.
And what is top notch? Some say making the playoffs is top notch, some will say only the Superbowl is top notch and some will say anything in between is top notch.

Either way when saying "top notch" and "many years" you can apply that to 3/4 of the NFL teams not just the Jets and the Dolphins. Top notch and many years are terms very hard to apply to the NFL. Sometimes all you need is a coaching change, less injuries, playing above your own expectations or turning from a barely playoff team to a Superbowl champ just based on the playoffs.

In the NFL the goal is to make the playoffs which in a 16-game season one win or one loss could make a difference between making the playoffs or drafting 10 spots higher. And once you are in the playoffs it is a the only sport in the US where the playoff games are one game and you are done. One bad coaching decision, one bad play, one big injury and all your dreams are shattered. No 3 out of 4 games BS where you have a chance to survive a bad game and still move on.

Unless you say that the Superbowl winner is top notch (then you have 31 other teams being years away to get back to the Superbowl) you have a league in which any team in any given year can be top notch.

The only team in the last 20 years who is consistently in the top and is mentioned with every Superbowl are the Patriots. And they are not mentioned because they have superior talent on every position because they have a system in which players are versatile, replaceable and interchangeable. And this is an idea we are laying the ground work for. Our entire season is one big casting show for future role players and supporting cast because that way one or two injuries won't derail us.

The reason why I call the "tank" mindset simplistic is because once you have that mindset you lose the overall goal of this season. The goal is not to tank for a specific player. The goal is and was to lay the ground work. Young and inexperienced players playing beyond their capabilities. The players who will survive this season with us you will see next year as important cornerstones in support roles for the talent we will begin to acquire next offseason.

So for me the only top notch team right now (despite all their cheating and deflated balls and favoritism by the refs) are the Patriots because their talent acquisition (without top 10 picks) guaranteed them to be competitive for a Superbowl every year for the last 20 years.

Many years and top notch are very subjective terms. Some say 5 years, some say 2 years is many years and for some it is anything in between.
And what is top notch? Some say making the playoffs is top notch, some will say only the Superbowl is top notch and some will say anything in between is top notch.

Either way when saying "top notch" and "many years" you can apply that to 3/4 of the NFL teams not just the Jets and the Dolphins. Top notch and many years are terms very hard to apply to the NFL. Sometimes all you need is a coaching change, less injuries, playing above your own expectations or turning from a barely playoff team to a Superbowl champ just based on the playoffs.

In the NFL the goal is to make the playoffs which in a 16-game season one win or one loss could make a difference between making the playoffs or drafting 10 spots higher. And once you are in the playoffs it is a the only sport in the US where the playoff games are one game and you are done. One bad coaching decision, one bad play, one big injury and all your dreams are shattered. No 3 out of 4 games BS where you have a chance to survive a bad game and still move on.

Unless you say that the Superbowl winner is top notch (then you have 31 other teams being years away to get back to the Superbowl) you have a league in which any team in any given year can be top notch.

The only team in the last 20 years who is consistently in the top and is mentioned with every Superbowl are the Patriots. And they are not mentioned because they have superior talent on every position because they have a system in which players are versatile, replaceable and interchangeable. And this is an idea we are laying the ground work for. Our entire season is one big casting show for future role players and supporting cast because that way one or two injuries won't derail us.

The reason why I call the "tank" mindset simplistic is because once you have that mindset you lose the overall goal of this season. The goal is not to tank for a specific player. The goal is and was to lay the ground work. Young and inexperienced players playing beyond their capabilities. The players who will survive this season with us you will see next year as important cornerstones in support roles for the talent we will begin to acquire next offseason.

So for me the only top notch team right now (despite all their cheating and deflated balls and favoritism by the refs) are the Patriots because their talent acquisition (without top 10 picks) guaranteed them to be competitive for a Superbowl every year for the last 20 years.

That's a lot of words to say Pat are #1 :lol:

Top notch to me is making the playoffs consistently and winning playoff games. Winning division titles. In a 6 year span top notch teams should be in playoffs at least 4 to 5 years along with some division titles.

Teams like Pats, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks are top notch organizations. That's the level I want my Dolphins to be, like they were always. Sure teams will have a drop off year but they always bounce back. IMO, which is without blind hope, we (and the Jets) aren't close to sniffing that kind of production level for another 3 years at the minimum. Neither team is knocking the Pats off the East throne anytime soon.

That's a lot of words to say Pat are #1 :lol:

Top notch to me is making the playoffs consistently and winning playoff games. Winning division titles. In a 6 year span top notch teams should be in playoffs at least 4 to 5 years along with some division titles.

Teams like Pats, Steelers, Packers, Saints, Chiefs, Ravens, Seahawks are top notch organizations. That's the level I want my Dolphins to be, like they were always. Sure teams will have a drop off year but they always bounce back. IMO, which is without blind hope, we (and the Jets) aren't close to sniffing that kind of production level for another 3 years at the minimum. Neither team is knocking the Pats off the East throne anytime soon.
Ironically none of these teams ever tanked for a QB. It is also ironic that the late 80s and 90s and early 2000s were not good enough. Because this whole "we have to tank to become a Superbowl contender" was already a phrase used in 2001 and 2002.

I am happy where we are now. Like I said I Iike to win every game but I can see the move forward this season. With all the cap space and draft picks over the next couple years we are easily in contention by 2021.

Ironically none of these teams ever tanked for a QB. It is also ironic that the late 80s and 90s and early 2000s were not good enough. Because this whole "we have to tank to become a Superbowl contender" was already a phrase used in 2001 and 2002.

I am happy where we are now. Like I said I Iike to win every game but I can see the move forward this season. With all the cap space and draft picks over the next couple years we are easily in contention by 2021.

That would be nice, but I don't see us contending for anything but wildcard at best that year but it's a start. I just don't see the turnaround happening so quickly even with a few extra picks. The qb situation will be crucial.

How could you attempt to make this argument and then list the Packers as one of your teams?

When was the last time the Packers made the playoffs?

:shame:
Pick the outlier no prob. You miss the point as usual. They'll be there this year and they are 3rd most winning team since 2000.

I didn't really get any enjoyment out of those threads on Gang Green, because they reflect the fact that the Jets and Dolphins are in about the same place right now, and both fanbases are facing the same dilemma: More and more of us are becoming apathetic and walking away.

When people tune in to watch just out of morbid curiosity and can't bring themselves to even care anymore whether the team wins or loses -- almost as a defense mechanism against being kicked in the groin again -- you have a real problem. Even if you don't want to admit it. The Jets and Dolphins both have real problems.
Both teams are not even close. We have over 110 million in cap space, we have a premium multiple draft picks in the next 2 drafts, and we are playing together as a team. It seems we have a good coach,who could be something special. The Jets had 100 million in cap and a franchise qb ( yet they chose to tank after that)

Thinking that the Jets and Dolphins aren't in the same place is an indication that you aren't willing to be objective about the team, IMO

Hate on Gase for coaching his team like crap, that's professionally fair, but that's a personal attack and that reporter is a tool for asking that. Kudos to Gase for handling it well.

Back
Top Bottom