Jets top payroll list with $87 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets top payroll list with $87 million

Not surprising to me. Everyone freaks out about our supposed cap trouble but forget that we trimmed a buttload of money from the cap this year. Plus we trimmed money for the future by cutting Gardener and Bowens (then resigning him to a cap friendly deal).

So the Jets are spending their way to a top 5 pick :bling: (most expensive top 5 pick ever!)

Wheres that Bills fan who calls himself an expert on the cap and always claims we're in deep sh*t? The Bills are at $58,308,460, and we're at $56,125,521. I guess the Bills have it worse than us.:lol: :lol: :lol:

don't worry it will get worse for us next year. We'll be at the top of the list. And the people at the top will be at the bottom.

that doesn't mean very much, we just happened to pay out three very big bonuses this offseason (wayne, mawae, and curtis). next season we will be aprox 12 million under the cap.

that would be

Originally posted by booyeah_
Wheres that Bills fan who calls himself an expert on the cap and always claims we're in deep sh*t? The Bills are at $58,308,460, and we're at $56,125,521. I guess the Bills have it worse than us.:lol: :lol: :lol:

clumped.

Try to get anything but "162-17 , or you haven't played anyone yet"and you'll have trouble conversing.

By the way this year's cap # has nothing to do with next year and we are certainly in some cap trouble but not necessarily cap hell.

I read like a month ago D-25...

... that the Dolphins were roughly 4 million under next years projected CAP.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfan25

clumped.

Try to get anything but "162-17 , or you haven't played anyone yet"and you'll have trouble conversing.

By the way this year's cap # has nothing to do with next year and we are certainly in some cap trouble but not necessarily cap hell.

Re: that would be

Originally posted by dolfan25

We are not in cap trouble next year either beyond carrying Gardener's cap charge (but is good because we will get it off the books in 2004 when it would have been very rough). Ruddy/Rodgers/McKnight are going to get cut and take a few million off the books right there. There are guys playing right now at approx 1.5 million a season who won't be here next year or will at low cap hits (orende/mark).

In fact the only big rises we have come in the form of Taylor (extra $4 million), Madison (extra million) and Surtain ($5 million) and Zack Thomas (extra million which can be turned into a $4 million savings with an extended contract)

Right now I figure we will only be over by about $7-8 million. It's 2004 where things will get more interesting. Although it won't be as bad now because of having Gardener off the books then. However those same main guys have to be dealt with again along with Tim Bowens/Brock Marion and Jay Fielder as their contracts kick in to the high #'s again.

Re: Re: that would be

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

We are not in cap trouble next year either beyond carrying Gardener's cap charge (but is good because we will get it off the books in 2004 when it would have been very rough). Ruddy/Rodgers/McKnight are going to get cut and take a few million off the books right there. There are guys playing right now at approx 1.5 million a season who won't be here next year or will at low cap hits (orende/mark).

In fact the only big rises we have come in the form of Taylor (extra $4 million), Madison (extra million) and Surtain ($5 million) and Zack Thomas (extra million which can be turned into a $4 million savings with an extended contract)

Right now I figure we will only be over by about $7-8 million. It's 2004 where things will get more interesting. Although it won't be as bad now because of having Gardener off the books then. However those same main guys have to be dealt with again along with Tim Bowens/Brock Marion and Jay Fielder as their contracts kick in to the high #'s again.

Exactly. We won't be in perfect shape, but we won't be in as bad as shape as Baltimore or Oakland.

If Ricky keeps playing like he has been, he'll get over $2mil in bonuses this season that will count against next year's cap, plus his base salary next season will increase by $2mil.. That's going to eat up that $4mil. surplus, without even counting the other bonuses and incentives some other players stand to make this season.

Originally posted by booyeah_

Cap numbers in a current year mean nothing for the next year.
Our cap figure will be a problem next year and the year after.
You can only extend contracts so far out before they come back and shoot you in the Arse.

But, before we have to take a step back........
We have just enough time to win back to back championships!

:evil:

Originally posted by relive1972
If Ricky keeps playing like he has been, he'll get over $2mil in bonuses this season that will count against next year's cap, plus his base salary next season will increase by $2mil.. That's going to eat up that $4mil. surplus, without even counting the other bonuses and incentives some other players stand to make this season.

Sorry I forgot about Williams. Other then that though there isn't anyone beyond what I listed as far as $1 million plus increases next season. We are in much better shape then we were at the beginning of this years offseason when we were $18 million over.

Quite frankly Spielman knows how to manipulate the cap and as long as 3/4th's of the league are in cap trouble we will be fine because we can keep signing guys to mediocre deals.

Back
Top Bottom