Jets trade for TE Doug Jolley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets trade for TE Doug Jolley

Dolfan73

Finally Back Home
Reaction score
seems as if the jets have lost they're mind. They've traded away they're first round to Oak town for this non factor. Is salary cap an issue?

The Raiders moved back into the first round of Saturday's NFL Draft, agreeing to a trade deal with the Jets on Wednesday that will send fourth-year tight end Doug Jolley to New York, along with three 2005 picks, for the No. 26 overall pick and a seventh-round selection. In return, two NFL sources said the Jets will receive the second-round pick the Raiders acquired on Tuesday from Houston in the Phillip Buchanon deal (No. 47 overall), the 182nd and 185th picks overall (both in the sixth-round) as well as Jolley, 26, a former second-round pick out of Brigham Young in the 2002 draft.

So the Jets get Jolly, a 2nd and 2 6th round picks. They give up their 1st and 7th.

If they intended to draft a TE in the 1st (heath miller maybe) then all they are really giving up is their 7th in exchange for a 2nd and 2 6ths. Of course Miller will probably turn out to be better than Jolly, but still.....thats not too bad a deal for the Jets.

DonShula84 said:
Damn the Raiders have some nice options in this draft, 4 picks on the first day now.

too bad for them they haven't had a good draft in awhile.

They have traded both of their 1st round picks from 02 (Harris, Buchannon)
Brayton and the CB from Cal (Not even gonna try his name) haven't done jack
And Gallery was an obvious pick.

ChambersWI said:
too bad for them they haven't had a good draft in awhile.

They have traded both of their 1st round picks from 02 (Harris, Buchannon)
Brayton and the CB from Cal (Not even gonna try his name) haven't done jack
And Gallery was an obvious pick.

Namdi Asomugha.

Herm Edwards were rumored to want to move up and take Miller because he might be gone. I dont know what they were thinking. Yes they moved down into the 2nd but I dont know about this one.

yankeehillbilly said:
So the Jets get Jolly, a 2nd and 2 6th round picks. They give up their 1st and 7th.

If they intended to draft a TE in the 1st (heath miller maybe) then all they are really giving up is their 7th in exchange for a 2nd and 2 6ths. Of course Miller will probably turn out to be better than Jolly, but still.....thats not too bad a deal for the Jets.
I think Miller will be a lot better than Jolley. I also think he should go higher than the 26th pick. So maybe the Jets thought it was better to be sure and make a trade, rather than hoping Miller falls to 26th or that they could have traded up to get him.

Back
Top Bottom