Jets trade up to #3. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets trade up to #3.

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
I haven't see it posted yet.

Jets move up to No. 3 pick, ship No. 6, three second-rounders to Colts
The New York Jets shook up the top of the NFL draft on Saturday morning, completing a blockbuster trade with the Indianapolis Colts that will put them in better position to select a potential franchise quarterback.

The Jets moved up three spots to No. 3, while sending the No. 6 overall pick, two second-round choices this year (Nos. 37 and 49) and their second-rounder in 2019 to the Colts.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/s...-no-3-pick-nfl-draft-trade-indianapolis-colts

Odds are probably good that only one of this years batch of rookie qb's turns into a top qb as history says. Glad to see the possibility of the bills and jets mortgaging the future for probable qb busts.

Odds are probably good that only one of this years batch of rookie qb's turns into a top qb as history says. Glad to see the possibility of the bills and jets mortgaging the future for probable qb busts.
I just don't know why. As far as I know they (fans and team) were considering Mayfield. He should be there at 6.

This trade up doesn't make much sense to me. I am hoping their qb ends up a bust and 3 2nd round picks go to waste

Jets are terrible at picking QB's so they just decided to take whichever one is there at 3. Probably better odds than moving to 1 and having to choose your guy. That hasn't work very well for the Jets lately. LOL.

This trade up doesn't make much sense to me. I am hoping their qb ends up a bust and 3 2nd round picks go to waste

The only reason I could explain that move is to mess with the Bills. They may have tried to jump into the top 5 as well. The Colts and Broncos were the only safe trading partners not needing a QB in the top 5. Cleveland ain't moving. They will be picking their franchise QB and franchise RB (depending on how comfortable they are at RB) or a franchise OT at 1 and 4.
Giants may pick the successor to Eli.
I could see the Bills were negotiating to trade with the Broncos at 5 jumping the Jets and Dolphins. If that would have happened the Jets move to #3 would have increased in value for the Colts.
It will be interesting to see what the Jets do with McGown, Bridgewater and whoever they pick. They may trade McGown to a QB starved team.
Not sure what the Bills will do now. Is it worth to trade to just jump us. We may or may not take a QB with that pick.

I wonder what the giants will get.
You mean what position?

The only reason I could explain that move is to mess with the Bills. They may have tried to jump into the top 5 as well. The Colts and Broncos were the only safe trading partners not needing a QB in the top 5. Cleveland ain't moving. They will be picking their franchise QB and franchise RB (depending on how comfortable they are at RB) or a franchise OT at 1 and 4.
Giants may pick the successor to Eli.
I could see the Bills were negotiating to trade with the Broncos at 5 jumping the Jets and Dolphins. If that would have happened the Jets move to #3 would have increased in value for the Colts.
It will be interesting to see what the Jets do with McGown, Bridgewater and whoever they pick. They may trade McGown to a QB starved team.
Not sure what the Bills will do now. Is it worth to trade to just jump us. We may or may not take a QB with that pick.

You mean what position?

Well i think it means they want to make sure they get the guy they want but i think that same qb would have been there at their original pick and they would keep those 2nd rounders

They will **** it up! They always do....

Are the Jets even trying to get better in this off-season? Some of these moves are head scratchers to me.

So supposedly guy who broke Terrell Pryor news on Reddit before media said his Inside Jets info is they are confident Rosen will be there at 3 that's why they traded. Also Allen is not even in consideration at 3 just a media rumor.

So supposedly guy who broke Terrell Pryor news on Reddit before media said his Inside Jets info is they are confident Rosen will be there at 3 that's why they traded. Also Allen is not even in consideration at 3 just a media rumor.
Boy that can change quick is the Giants trade out.

Back
Top Bottom