Jets Want Shotty Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Want Shotty Back

MD

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tannenbaum and Rex are holding a PC and want Shotty back as the OC. He is interviewing with the Jags and figure his future will be based whether or not he gets an offer as a head coach.

of course they want him back they think he is a good coach. I happen to agree although the numbers dont exactly support him as an offensive guru. Most of the league would take shottenheimer over daboll any day of the week. How many times has Daboll been interviewed or even looked at for a head coaching job. How many times has a team even resigned him to be their coach? None of these questions mean anything but it does show that shott is better viewed around the league at least as far as next level

According to Mike Francesa on WFAN in NYC, the Jets are desperate to be rid of Schottenheimer and they are praying he gets a head coaching job so that they don't have to fire him and owe him the remainder of his contract. He also said there is a huge rift between the offensive and defensive coaches. He says that Callahan wants out and Cavanaugh will be fired.

Retaining anyone who has Taco throw it up more than 20x game would be music to my ears. However, I read that he's unbelievably actually interviewing for the Jacksonville opening.

Kind of hard to judge him when he's given a backup quarterback to be his starter. Then again he shares blame for the development of Sanchez. He needs more time coordinating before he's ready as a coach. The sample just doesn't show much.

:lol: Love the turmoil in Jets land! Keep Schotty there and continue with their bottom 5-10 offense.

of course they want him back they think he is a good coach. I happen to agree although the numbers dont exactly support him as an offensive guru. Most of the league would take shottenheimer over daboll any day of the week. How many times has Daboll been interviewed or even looked at for a head coaching job. How many times has a team even resigned him to be their coach? None of these questions mean anything but it does show that shott is better viewed around the league at least as far as next level
Yeah.... He sucks.

I understand your desire to have an experienced OC or DC as the head coach but I am throwing a flag on your use of how he is viewed in league circles after dismissing the same argument on Dave Toub.

Back
Top Bottom