Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback"

Tua has an average arm, which means he needs all his mechanics to hit the tuff throws. No shame in that.

That being said, we're not getting anywhere on Tua's arm if we have to play games at Buffalo or Baltimore in January. We may want to consider Sewell and Harris with our top 2 picks.
Define average arm

Tua is going to be a fine qb. I don't need to read Chris Simms or Quinnen Williams' opinion on the subject.

He had a solid rookie campaign and made plays with subpar offensive weapons and beat the "unbeatable" team for a rookie qb because he scores twice on the ground. The same team the media's new love got beat 45-0.

When everything falls back to the mean of what a player is capable of Tua will outshine more than most, hes been elite since peewee.

Not at all, but like myself he was right about Herbert over Tua, has actually played the position in the NFL....Q Williams? You might say he’s a little biased.
Correction: you've been "right" so far, similar to those who predicted career success for Goff and Wentz among others.

..and if we're gonna take the opinions of washed out QB vs teammates who have seen Tua make every throw, why don't we include those of JaMarcus Russell and Johny Manzel?

Correction: you've been "right" so far, similar to those who predicted career success for Goff and Wentz among others.

..and if we're gonna take the opinions of washed out QB vs teammates who have seen Tua make every throw, why don't we include those of JaMarcus Russell and Johny Manzel?
He's right after 9 games....bravo I guess.

You could have stopped the article at "Alabama teammate" ... what the hell else is he gonna say? Should we ask his mom?
Then Check out HC LSU Ed Orgeron (Sp?) on Tua he defended his EZ against him he saw many glimpses Ed was rather eloquent too

Then Check out HC LSU Ed Orgeron (Sp?) on Tua he defended his EZ against him he saw many glimpses Ed was rather eloquent too
I didn't read the article ... was that in there too? I've heard some rave reviews of our QB who threw for a tad over 1 TD a game. I can't wait to see them proven right on the field ... eventually.

Yes, but biased no doubt!

If I accepted that, I'd have to ignore any information from anyone who knew the QB.

It's knowing when bias leads to false statements. Which of those comments from the Jets player were false?

Then we would have some bias to talk about.

The fact Williams knows Tua personally compromises his opinions. He could be right or wrong, but his opinion is still biased.

I didn't read the article ... was that in there too? I've heard some rave reviews of our QB who threw for a tad over 1 TD a game. I can't wait to see them proven right on the field ... eventually.
9 freakin games you too are better than this

The fact Williams knows Tua personally compromises his opinions. He could be right or wrong, but his opinion is still biased.

We don't know if his opinion was biased or not. It could have been.

Find me were his statements about TUA were false and then we have something to talk about! Otherwise I have to assume if his statements weren't false and he has a good general background in football, the only reasonable assumption left is that his statement are true, i.e. accurate.

His being a friend of Tua no more defines his statements about Tua as being biased then most "talking heads" statements are, at the very least, untrustworthy.

Back
Top Bottom