Jevon Holland highest graded rookie in the league week 1 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jevon Holland highest graded rookie in the league week 1

It was. And I’m grateful.

But still I am not going to ignore how easily it could have gone the other way. Hopefully the Dolphins staff doesn’t either. That’s how you don’t learn and grow from mistakes and are doomed to repeat them.
From the pressers it’s clear they all know they need to improve…Flo, Tua, all of ‘em.

Grier stil sucks at picking Offensive Linemen…..But this was a home run pick. Holland might eventually be as good as Fitzpatrick.
I think the jury is still out. Three of our starters are just now starting their second year as pros. Too soon to judge

Perhaps that was the gameplan. It worked pretty well. 16 points allowed is a good game in the context of today's NFL.

17 points scored on offense, however, is an issue, not the defense, or its scheme.
And 9 of those points were FGs. That used to be us

It all comes down to how you look at it. Cases could be made for either side, and while I was down on the defense overall (didn’t like the scheme), they only gave up 16 points with zero help from special teams, and had to play more snaps because of the lack of time the offense had the ball.

Had a few of those drops and/or that INT not happened, we wouldn’t have needed that amazing X game-saving play. Felt like we left 10+ points on the field on O. The offensive game plan was enough to win a grinder on the road…execution was not.
The breakdown of the 16 points is important. Three field goals and one TD is outstanding

He is the best when it comes to drafting undrafted free agents.
Again this isn’t true at all. Please give us all examples of the Grier/Flo regime draft picks that have been busts. FYI FIVE OF OUR ROOKIES PLAYED SIGNIFICANT SNAPS ON SUNDAY.

Again this isn’t true at all. Please give us all examples of the Grier/Flo regime draft picks that have been busts. FYI FIVE OF OUR ROOKIES PLAYED SIGNIFICANT SNAPS ON SUNDAY.
I was being sarcastic to this ever negative poster. How do you even draft undrafted players? Lol

I think Liam Eichenberg is a very solid pick and Waddle was the best WR in my opinion and has chemistry with Tua.

The pick I'm not too sure about is Jaelen Philips in the 1st rnd.

I was being sarcastic to this ever negative poster. How do you even draft undrafted players? Lol

I think Liam Eichenberg is a very solid pick and Waddle was the best WR in my opinion and has chemistry with Tua.

The pick I'm not too sure about is Jaelen Philips in the 1st rnd.
Not Igbo? He’s everyone’s straw man.

Yeah some guys just have it. He has flashed since the moment he has gotten on the field. Really nice when guys make plays in practice and then it also carries over to the games. This one is a real keeper…

That was some ridiculous scheme. Didn’t matter if they got pressure on the QB, there was seemingly always an uncovered player just a short throw away. They made it far too easy for that rookie QB. He nickel and dimed the Dolphins defense all day. He maybe made 3-4 difficult throws all game.

Seriously, how many times did we see an outlet pass to the flat or over the middle with the nearest defender 3 yards or more away?

Yea I agree it was frustrating to watch

The GM is the captain and must go down with the ship. If he didn’t agree to the pick it doesn’t happen.

With that said…Iggy is very young!

Everybody really needs to calm down when it comes to Noah. He’s still only 21!!! Players can get drafted 23 or 24 years old

Who said I was pretending?

As far as "meaningless totals", who cares about YPA if you are 20th in the league in Passing Yards Per Game, 15th in Offensive Points Game and 22nd in Rushing Yards Per Game? Talk about meaningless stats (YPA). If we were aggressive, then where are the other passing stats that prove it, instead of one cross section?

2020 Season Team Stats

I know explosive offenses when I see them. I know dominant offenses when I see them. This ain't it. Put Waddle, Parker, Gesicki and Wilson on the Chiefs in Week 1 and we would be laughing at the difference in stats.

Again, he were go with the Dolphin Fan Mafia trying to convince us we are seeing greatness when we are witnessing PEDESTRIAN and AVERAGE offense on the field.

Just because we have a "bend don't break" defense, doesn't mean we have to concede Time Of Possession like it's an "okay" thing.

This Defense is elite. But I'm quickly seeing that no matter how many weapons we add, we are still seeing pedestrian output. Eventually, the finger needs to be pointed at Tua, QB Coach and the famed dual headed OC Monster.

This is starting to become reminiscent of watching Zach, JT, Madison and Surtain's primes waste away as we WAIT for an offense to arrive.

The problem with that regime is they didn't dedicate resources and develop talent on offense. We wanted Ricky to save us (all eggs in one basket).

THIS team has had immense resources placed on the offensive side of the ball in players, coaching and scheme. Yet here we stand, 276 yards total offense after a complete training camp (last year's excuse), new weapons (last year's excuse), an offense DESIGNED for Tua (last year's excuse) and offensive coaches tailored to Tua's strengths (last year's excuse).

And what is the new narrative? Same as the old narrative; Wait, it takes time.

If you can't watch this offensive and critique the SUM of all plays to determine we are pedestrian, AGAIN, then keep feeding stats and bring up a couple of plays to overcast the plethora of examples that prove otherwise.

Mike Gesicki's line for NE: 0/0 0yds on 3 targets.

I can't wait for fans' heads to explode when he asks for Top 5 money and they complain "where are the stats?!". You can't catch what isn't thrown to you. And you can't catch standing on the sideline.

Our lack of use of our weapons falls COMPLETELY on the Offensive Coaching Staff; ever how many we have this week on the payroll.

Gesicki doesn't have to block. He can bust the seam, quick slant behind the blitzer and do a ton of AGGRESSIVE plays to exploit an over aggressive DL. Not using him is a tragedy.

And that's just one example.

Tua was outplayed by his backup in college. And it falls on the opportunities he wasn't given to take control of the game; coaching playing scared.
When a poster states QB's play against QB's, then I know for certain that they don't understand football - at all.- LOL

Who said I was pretending?

As far as "meaningless totals", who cares about YPA if you are 20th in the league in Passing Yards Per Game, 15th in Offensive Points Game and 22nd in Rushing Yards Per Game? Talk about meaningless stats (YPA). If we were aggressive, then where are the other passing stats that prove it, instead of one cross section?

2020 Season Team Stats

I know explosive offenses when I see them. I know dominant offenses when I see them. This ain't it. Put Waddle, Parker, Gesicki and Wilson on the Chiefs in Week 1 and we would be laughing at the difference in stats.

Again, he were go with the Dolphin Fan Mafia trying to convince us we are seeing greatness when we are witnessing PEDESTRIAN and AVERAGE offense on the field.

Just because we have a "bend don't break" defense, doesn't mean we have to concede Time Of Possession like it's an "okay" thing.

This Defense is elite. But I'm quickly seeing that no matter how many weapons we add, we are still seeing pedestrian output. Eventually, the finger needs to be pointed at Tua, QB Coach and the famed dual headed OC Monster.

This is starting to become reminiscent of watching Zach, JT, Madison and Surtain's primes waste away as we WAIT for an offense to arrive.

The problem with that regime is they didn't dedicate resources and develop talent on offense. We wanted Ricky to save us (all eggs in one basket).

THIS team has had immense resources placed on the offensive side of the ball in players, coaching and scheme. Yet here we stand, 276 yards total offense after a complete training camp (last year's excuse), new weapons (last year's excuse), an offense DESIGNED for Tua (last year's excuse) and offensive coaches tailored to Tua's strengths (last year's excuse).

And what is the new narrative? Same as the old narrative; Wait, it takes time.

If you can't watch this offensive and critique the SUM of all plays to determine we are pedestrian, AGAIN, then keep feeding stats and bring up a couple of plays to overcast the plethora of examples that prove otherwise.

Mike Gesicki's line for NE: 0/0 0yds on 3 targets.

I can't wait for fans' heads to explode when he asks for Top 5 money and they complain "where are the stats?!". You can't catch what isn't thrown to you. And you can't catch standing on the sideline.

Our lack of use of our weapons falls COMPLETELY on the Offensive Coaching Staff; ever how many we have this week on the payroll.

Gesicki doesn't have to block. He can bust the seam, quick slant behind the blitzer and do a ton of AGGRESSIVE plays to exploit an over aggressive DL. Not using him is a tragedy.

And that's just one example.

Tua was outplayed by his backup in college. And it falls on the opportunities he wasn't given to take control of the game; coaching playing scared.
I stopped reading that giant strawman pretty quickly.

Nobody said they were dominant or explosive. I said they weren't playing not to lose. Try again.

When a poster states QB's play against QB's, then I know for certain that they don't understand football - at all.- LOL
Infer it how you please. Play it to your own narrative how you please.

Just don't think your opinion is more important than mine.

I'm afforded to right to think freely without influence from others given the same right who suddenly think their narrative is more important than mine based on the same observation vantage as mine.

You're not on the field, in the huddle or in control of any aspect of this organization. Same as me.

Seems some continue to believe if they attack others enough, their opinion becomes fact.

Your opinion is no more factual than mine.

Back
Top Bottom