Jevon Holland highest graded rookie in the league week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jevon Holland highest graded rookie in the league week 1

One of the announcers in the game yesterday said Holland was beaten in coverage on a long pass completion by the Patriots. A few posters jumped on that and they blamed Holland for the pass completion in the game day thread.

What really happened is Baker was the Dolphin beaten on the play and it was Holland who came in to make the tackle after the catch. Holland had an excellent game, even if the announcers and a few posters don’t know the difference between the number 55 and 8. Baker was the number 55 who was trailing the WR and Holland was the number 8 who came over and actually made the tackle after the catch.

0 targets. Don't know if that's a good thing. Guess he wasn't asked to cover any of those short throws.

That was some ridiculous scheme. Didn’t matter if they got pressure on the QB, there was seemingly always an uncovered player just a short throw away. They made it far too easy for that rookie QB. He nickel and dimed the Dolphins defense all day. He maybe made 3-4 difficult throws all game.

Seriously, how many times did we see an outlet pass to the flat or over the middle with the nearest defender 3 yards or more away?

Minkah is better than our safeties, first off. At least currently.

Second off, its natural to compare other players to your own in order to determine how good your team is.

For example, would it make sense for us to brag about a WR being fast if he was actually slow compared to other WR but still generally fast?

It makes 0 sense to only look at players on your own team because you'll never actually understand if they are good or not compared to their peers.
First of all, I was just making fun of the guys who do what I said.

Second of all, I don’t do any of that comparing stuff unless it’s the draft. Once they’re playing they’re either good, bad, solid, great or whatever.

Thirdly, I can tell if someone is good without comparing them to anyone. Because there is nothing anyone else can do that would help me determine if one of our players is good.

a second round pick making an impact, imagine. Iggy im looking at you. for the record Iggy should absolutely never been a first round pick. its not Iggy fault , I blame Grier.

Love the player but I don’t think he actually forced the fumble. Great hit no doubt but we rewatched it 3-4 times and it looked like another defender reached in to knock the ball loose. I didn’t save it.
I'm pretty sure the guy who flipped the other guy......forced the fumble.

He flipped that dude!!

the usual suspects GIF by hero0fwar

First of all, I was just making fun of the guys who do what I said.

Second of all, I don’t do any of that comparing stuff unless it’s the draft. Once they’re playing they’re either good, bad, solid, great or whatever.

Thirdly, I can tell if someone is good without comparing them to anyone. Because there is nothing anyone else can do that would help me determine if one of our players is good.

Thats absolutely ridiculous though. You are only good or bad in comparison to others.

Crazy example. If you're a left tackle and give up one sack that's a great year right? Well what if no other LT in the league gave up a sack? You'd actually be the worst left tackle in the league and "bad" because your performance is below average in comparison to your peers.

Back
Top Bottom