Jim Brown on Ricky Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown on Ricky Williams

If he does, hopefull its to get traded. Good or not, he quit on his team, fans, everyone and can't be trusted. He would be a great Raider. Him and Moss would solidify the disfunctional Raider family.

ricky is a great player. him and ronnie in the backfield would be amazing and no team woudl be able to stop them. and plus we would win a lot of games WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT.

ATL-DOLFAN said:
If he does, hopefull its to get traded. Good or not, he quit on his team, fans, everyone and can't be trusted. He would be a great Raider. Him and Moss would solidify the disfunctional Raider family.

I want him here. True, he made a mistake. Everyone deserves a second chance. Look what Terrell Owens is doing to the Eagles. He's walking away from his team mates because he thinks he should have even more money and has no intentions of honoring the contract he JUST SIGNED LAST YEAR. That is also quitting on your team. Ya think you could look past what Owens has done? Think his teammates can and will? I think so. ANd I think the same can be said for Ricky.
Sure there are some differences in the situation. But there are some similarities as well. What Owens is doing is just as selfish as what RW did. Even more selfish if you ask me. Owens is taking personal financial gain over the importance of a team that gave him a contract for $7 mill a year. That speaks volumes about his character. But he will be back. Ricky Williams could very well be back too.

I've never really liked Brown, but I have to give him props on one thing. His Amer-I-Can foundation sounds like a good idea.

As for Ricky:

I hate what he did to the team, but running over a few Jets, Bills, or Patriots defenders will somewhat shorten memory. I'd never trust him to stay for long though.

what boggles me is how Jim Brown has changed his tune so many times w/ this situation. Last year when Ricky made his decision, Brown was pretty much happy with this decision and encouraging it. Now, he's saying he should come back that he'd love to see Ricky play "a few more years".

ATL-DOLFAN said:

i am really sick of you people suggesting that he would return to be traded. For you really dense people. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Can you hear me............................:yell:

phinfan2003 said:
what boggles me is how Jim Brown has changed his tune so many times w/ this situation. Last year when Ricky made his decision, Brown was pretty much happy with this decision and encouraging it. Now, he's saying he should come back that he'd love to see Ricky play "a few more years".
He probably already knows what Ricky is planning to do.

ATL-DOLFAN said:
ricky and anttaj hawthorne would just smoke pot all day.

HelloMotto said:
i am really sick of you people suggesting that he would return to be traded. For you really dense people. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Can you hear me............................:yell:
So do you think he might get traded? :wink:

finsnchips said:
ricky and anttaj hawthorne would just smoke pot all day.

if the dude could gain over 100 yards and two touchdowns a game i wouldnt care if he smoked fruity loops.

HelloMotto said:
if the dude could gain over 100 yards and two touchdowns a game i wouldnt care if he smoked fruity loops.
neither would i mate... but for some reason the NFL does.

BTW... I think there is a good chance Ricky could get traded eventually, but he will play for us next year if he comes back. There is no point in having two franchise backs on this team.

Ronnie isn't going anyway soon... he is a, if not 'the', face for the new era of this franchise.

HelloMotto said:

:confused: Since we're not going to trade Ricky, who will we get to play all of the other positions on the team. In your scenario we're clearly going to invest the lion's share of our salary cap money in our backfield. Who will we cut loose? Zack? JT? Chambers? We'll have to afford it somehow.

jguig said:
:confused: Since we're not going to trade Ricky, who will we get to play all of the other positions on the team. In your scenario we're clearly going to invest the lion's share of our salary cap money in our backfield. Who will we cut loose? Zack? JT? Chambers? We'll have to afford it somehow.
I think Ricky will be traded eventually... but he isn't going to be getting a big contract. Not at all. I think it will be close to the vets min.

Back
Top Bottom