Jim Caldwell fully healthy | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell fully healthy

Who even says he wants to be a head coach? I mean the man just had to take a long leave due to medical reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to be in such a demanding roll. Maybe the position he was going to be in Miami is what he actually wants. It amazes me how many people think they know what a particular person is feeling or wants...

Who even says he wants to be a head coach? I mean the man just had to take a long leave due to medical reasons. Maybe he doesn't want to be in such a demanding roll. Maybe the position he was going to be in Miami is what he actually wants. It amazes me how many people think they know what a particular person is feeling or wants...
Good point about the HC the pressure of the role and the long medical recovery.
Has there been any word on what exactly the medical problem was?

he’s our Assistant HC, so he can only be hired as a HC, not lower; also counting him against the Rooney Rule is bs. no team’s FO is gonna sign his insurance rider at his age with his medical pre-existing conditions. so glad he’s feeling better; hope he comes back... we can really use him.

(edit): just checked team site; his picture’s back up on the Coaches portal! (it was taken down when he left earlier this season)

Last edited:
Rod Graves is chairman of the Fritz Pollard Alliance and not affiliated with any NFL team. What he is saying is that they have put him on the list of coaches that should be considered for an NFL HC job.

I hope he stays in Miami.

I would be relatively shocked if Caldwell generated real interest for a head coaching job for next year. Hopefully he can rejoin our staff and make some great contributions.

I would be relatively shocked if Caldwell generated real interest for a head coaching job for next year. Hopefully he can rejoin our staff and make some great contributions.

I hope so too.

I would not be surprised to see multiple teams interview him though...

Something to do with the Rooney Rule & the Fritz Pollard Alliance. ;)

They probably have some kind of secret, standardized, 'under the table', 'incentives' for that whole faux process worked out. :p

I hope so too.

I would not be surprised to see multiple teams interview him though...

Something to do with the Rooney Rule & the Fritz Pollard Alliance. ;)

They probably have some kind of secret, standardized, 'under the table', 'incentives' for that whole faux process worked out. :p
Interviewing is probably true...but I don't see that as necessarily real interest. I struggle to see a guy who was out of football last year, had some kind of significant health issue, ended his last HC gig on a pretty bad note and his age as generating HC buzz. I think he would have to do something big as an assistant to have another shot. Not sure that is in the cards unless he goes back to an OC role...and time is against him at 64ish.

Interviewing is probably true...but I don't see that as necessarily real interest. I struggle to see a guy who was out of football last year, had some kind of significant health issue, ended his last HC gig on a pretty bad note and his age as generating HC buzz. I think he would have to do something big as an assistant to have another shot. Not sure that is in the cards unless he goes back to an OC role...and time is against him at 64ish.

Right, that's what I'm saying.

They will interview him to meet the requirements.... then hire who they really want to hire.

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson

Fritz Pollard Alliance chairman Rod Graves said former Detroit Lions head coach Jim Caldwell is fully healthy now after having taken a medical leave as Dolphins assistant last July. He's on their list as head coach candidate.

tenor-3.gif

Great News...1st and formost, that he's fully healthy, and far down that line, that whomever the next QB for Miami will be, might get the Tutelage of Jim Caldwell.

Back
Top Bottom