Jim Caldwell fully healthy | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell fully healthy

NFL Coaching contracts are automatically voided if the coach takes a job at a higher level than the one he currently maintains.

...and no front office could attract rising candidates if this was not so.
This is not correct. A team can restrict any hire unless it's for the HC position of another team.

This is not correct. A team can restrict any hire unless it's for the HC position of another team.

I'm willing to be wrong on this... but isn't it the same thing when a coach is offered a coordinator's job when previously, they were a position coach?

I'm willing to be wrong on this... but isn't it the same thing when a coach is offered a coordinator's job when previously, they were a position coach?
No. The team they have a contract with can block it. Only the HC position can't be blocked.

Yes a coordinator position is a upgrade to a position coach. A coordinator can only interview as a assistant head coach or head coach position, no lateral moves.

Yes a coordinator position is a upgrade to a position coach. A coordinator can only interview as a assistant head coach or head coach position, no lateral moves.
Actually not even assistant HC. Only HC.

Actually not even assistant HC. Only HC.
I thought a coordinator can take the same coordinator position but they have to take on the assistant head coach title. I believe that's happened a few times.

I thought a coordinator can take the same coordinator position but they have to take on the assistant head coach title. I believe that's happened a few times.
Only if the team they have a contract with allows them otherwise assistant HC could be thrown around too easily.

Great to hear! Hopefully we have a new young qb for him to mentor next year
He has: Josh Rosen

tenor.gif

I think he was originally hired to be a sounding board for Flores and somewhat of a mentor as Flores learned the ropes as a first year HC. Now that Flores is about to have a full year under his belt as an NFL head coach, Caldwell would not be needed as much for those purposes.
The one area he would still be effective is as a coach for Rosen and any other young QB they might draft. He is well regarded in the NFL when it comes to working with QB’s and I hope he is on the staff next year if for no other reason than to work with the QB’s on the Dolphins.

This place is weird, I'd welcome him back with open arms. We have so many smart people on here I'm really surprised many of them aren't on NFL coaching staffs or in front offices :rolleyes:.

If I was as bad at my job as some of these guys, I'd have been kicked to a different line of work a long time ago. Really, at my current position, we'd have shuttered our doors if I were as incompetent as some of these guys.

I'm not a football coach by profession but i'm 100% confident I could coach the Giants (for instance) to at least two wins, so I'm gonna go ahead and say Pat Shurmur (again, just a convenient example) is an incompetent head coach.

Back
Top Bottom