Jim Caldwell not returning to Dolphins staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell not returning to Dolphins staff

I guess since Gailey is a veteran coach, there is no need for Caldwell. Still would’ve preferred and extra voice in the room.

Is there any point during this offseason that we should worry about coaching? Seems like every coordinator and coach could leave and we'd all be cool with it as long as Flores stays.
Just have blind faith my friend...

Is there any point during this offseason that we should worry about coaching? Seems like every coordinator and coach could leave and we'd all be cool with it as long as Flores stays.

Flores walking into his Davie offices like:

giphy.gif

look, Caldwell is a nice piece to have around on your staff but he’s not the end all or be all of coaches. People talk about him like he’s Shula or Walsh. We grew fine without him. There’s a reason Flores is going in another direction and I’m sure it’s not the direction to get him fired as head coach of the Dolphins.

It was fun while it lasted. I'm gonna miss him.

Originally he [Caldwell] was I thought one of Flo's smart hires having a veteran sounding board around. Suppose Flo has learn't a lot in his 1st year so the need may not be as great. Plus he has Chan to bounce off and going by his comments seems to have a good deal of respect for the way Gailey goes about things and not only on offence [Flo is more defence minded ] but is also a former HC so does have a broad range of experience.

I am becoming alarmed with our coaching changes too, Quite Frankly I like alot of what our offense did last year considering the talent level i thought O Shea was phenomenal.. I really hope last year was a product of Flores because if it was a product of the coaching staff around him he is gonna be in trouble.

I think we all should be skeptical of hiring a HS football coach simply straight to the NFL, I can't think of any other case i have heard of that happening..

Can’t miss what you never had. Miami paid him to do nothing basically.
My concern is that he has said that he wants to coach again now that he is healthy. Why not with the Phins? he is a very good and well respected coach, what is it that has soured him from coming back to teach our young players? why have we lost more than 40% of our coaching staff? specially after doing a great job considering how we started the year and how we finished with the talent level they had to work with. Those are questions that have me worried about Flores.

Back
Top Bottom