Jim Caldwell not returning to Dolphins staff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Caldwell not returning to Dolphins staff

Not that surprising given the lack of clarity regarding his role or even employment status heading into the offseason.

I think the assumption was that he was brought in the fill two specific functions last year - offer guidance to a new HC/OC team and help with QB development. Maybe it's been decided that those roles are no longer required or are being filled by other people, especially given how well they got on last year without him, or that the parts of those roles that are left (potential new QB development) are not enough for him.

Last edited:
I am becoming alarmed with our coaching changes too
I think we all should be skeptical of hiring a HS football coach simply straight to the NFL, I can't think of any other case i have heard of that happening..
Hey..........Jimmy Johnson hired a guy in a wheel chair to be kicking coach! Remember?

Speaking of coaches........I heard O'shea was hired by either the Browns or Giants. Can't remember which one.

I remember a coach saying "availability is an asset". Caldwell was not one.

Speaking of coaches........I heard O'shea was hired by either the Browns or Giants. Can't remember which one.
Browns, as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. Whatever he did for us it wasn't enough to get another OC gig.

Was the health thing an excuse or legit?

Serious question, was there any rumor what was wrong with him?

Browns, as wide receivers coach and passing game coordinator. Whatever he did for us it wasn't enough to get another OC gig.
But....but....but Flores is losing great coaches left and right.

I get it. We finally had a season where we all felt we had solid coaches to overachieve with this roster of players. When we lost a bunch of coaches, I was frustrated as well but I think the most important thing is the vision of Coach Flores. If he sticks to his vision, he will find the coaches to do it the way that it needs to be done. If not, he will find another coach who will. (Which he has proven already.) I find comfort in knowing that Flores seems to know what it takes to win in this league and he will not tolerate anything less than what his vision commands. Flores has earned our trust for this upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom