Jim Mora calls out Saban on his Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Mora calls out Saban on his Press Conference

SackArtist

Pass Rusher
Reaction score
During Nicks Press conference Nick made it seem like Huizenga forced him to take the Dolphins job and that it was unfortunate that so many bad things happened to him this season (Ronnie Brown getting injured, C-Pep, Ricky).

Jim Mora (NFL Network) said that it was a cop out when Saban was trying to make it seem like Huizenga forced him to take the Dolphins job because he agreed to it, And that he was making too many excuses because every team has injuries and off-field problems.

I guess Saban cant accept the fact that hes a loser.

During Nicks Press conference Nick made it seem like Huizenga forced him to take the Dolphins job and that it was unfortunate that so many bad things happened to him this season (Ronnie Brown getting injured, C-Pep, Ricky).

Jim Mora (NFL Network) said that it was a cop out when Saban was trying to make it seem like Huizenga forced him to take the Dolphins job because he agreed to it, And that he was making too many excuses because every team has injuries and off-field problems.

Aw Wayne forced him to take 4 million a year. We should all be so lucky. Now Alabama is forcing him to get even more. Lets all help Nick.

I didn't get that impression at all. I watched the entire press conference and my impression was that Huizenga "sold" the job to him, not that he forced him. Mr. H is obviously a very good businessman, so this is no surprise to me.

And, yes, it was unfortunate that we had injuries and Ricky was suspended. Had none of those events happened -- Ronnie not get injured, Ricky not get suspended, Culpepper fully healed -- then our performance this year would have been vastly different IMO. But, those are things that you can't control, thus it was unfortunate.

I didn't get that impression at all. I watched the entire press conference and my impression was that Huizenga "sold" the job to him, not that he forced him.

It doesn't matter. Why even bring that up? The only purpose of injecting that statement was to dilute Saban's responsibilities to the Dolphins. In other words, "I wasn't exactly 100 percent gung ho about coming here in the first place."

I didn't get that impression at all. I watched the entire press conference and my impression was that Huizenga "sold" the job to him, not that he forced him. Mr. H is obviously a very good businessman, so this is no surprise to me.

And, yes, it was unfortunate that we had injuries and Ricky was suspended. Had none of those events happened -- Ronnie not get injured, Ricky not get suspended, Culpepper fully healed -- then our performance this year would have been vastly different IMO. But, those are things that you can't control, thus it was unfortunate.
Saban can make all the excuses he wants, but he's just not good enough. Do you see Andy Reid making excuses that McNabb and Jevon Kearse are out for season? Do you see Mangini complaining that Curtis Martin isnt comning back? or how about Belichek whining when every year it seems like half his team is on IR? It's not unfortunate, injuries are part of the game! Saban makes too many excuses, hes just not good enough.

Anybody see the front cover of the USA Today sports section?.... Shows saban greeting Alabama fans.... made me sick

Saban saying that Wayne made him take the job is a cop out, but Wayne needs to take it to heart. You aren't going to get the highest quality coach by twisting somebody's arm to take a big check. You go out and find the best coach who wants to win with your team. The desire is paramount -- I'd rather have a coach with 100% desire and a football IQ of 100 than a coach with 50% desire and a football IQ of 150.

There's nothing worse than a liar. If he had just been honest from the start, it would have been a lot easier on every one.

don't you love it when someone totally removed from the situation takes shots like this...

in my opinion, mora is as much if not more of a loser by making statements like this...so easy.

don't you love it when someone totally removed from the situation takes shots like this...

in my opinion, mora is as much if not more of a loser by making statements like this...so easy.

I think that as a former NFL coach and current NFL Analysis is a lot closer to the situation than all of us. I don't see any reason he can't take any shot he wants to, and we have that right too.

There's nothing worse than a liar. If he had just been honest from the start, it would have been a lot easier on every one.
Not even a rapist or a murderer? :wink:

Saban is sinking in my eyes. I wish him success in Bama because now it's our turn to succeed. I'm actually very excited about the prospect of a new coach since my expectations of Saban sunk big time this year.

Back
Top Bottom