Jimmy Johnson to be inducted to the HoF. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson to be inducted to the HoF.

Saban left Miami because he wanted to sign Brees after the 2005 season and Randy Mueller overrode him and signed Dante Culpepper. Saban decided to leave the following offseason.

I know this because Derek Henry’s legal guardian is one of my regular customers where I work. He’s a Dolphins fan and when he went to Alabama with Derek Henry for his recruiting visit, he asked Saban why he left Miami. Saban told him the above story and that his intentions until he left were to stay and coach the Dolphins until he was done coaching.
I would say that the decision makers, specifically our GMs, over the past 2 decades are more to blame than any lame duck coach that we’ve had. Saban is the best coach that we’ve had since Jimmy Johnson left. I will say that what Flores did this year with the roster and injuries, is as or more impressive than what any coach has done since Shula retired.

Saban left Miami because he wanted to sign Brees after the 2005 season and Randy Mueller overrode him and signed Dante Culpepper. Saban decided to leave the following offseason.

I know this because Derek Henry’s legal guardian is one of my regular customers where I work. He’s a Dolphins fan and when he went to Alabama with Derek Henry for his recruiting visit, he asked Saban why he left Miami. Saban told him the above story and that his intentions until he left were to stay and coach the Dolphins until he was done coaching.
I would say that the decision makers, specifically our GMs, over the past 2 decades are more to blame than any lame duck coach that we’ve had. Saban is the best coach that we’ve had since Jimmy Johnson left. I will say that what Flores did this year with the roster and injuries, is as or more impressive than what any coach has done since Shula retired.
That's an interesting story. I'm just not sure how much I trust anything out of sabans mouth. I spoke to a couple former players of his and the consensus I got was saban wanted to treat professional men like they were college kids. And when that didn't fly he tucked tail and ran back to the minor leagues. But who really knows the truth? What they told me could be tot crap they just might have been pissed.

That's not how it happened...Mueller couldn't override Saban if he wanted to...The owner,Wayne..nixed the deal because the doctors wouldn't sign off on Drew's shoulder for insurance.
Saban got tired of Wayne's meddling..He got a better job offer..He left.....This is from Derek Dooley...

Screw JJ. Let him be celebrated as a Cowboy. He can **** right off as a Dolphin. Brought nothing but misery and disrespect to this franchise.

I'm confused. He wasn't already in the HOF? Isn't the centennial class a different thing than the normal HOF?

I thought Derek Henry was an adult. Does the story teller drive him to the mall? Kidding but c'mon that was funny.

Brees' story in his book is that he hated Saban and would not come to Miami. I don't think we'll ever really know what happened with Brees. Everyone has their own story and they've only grown through ego and time. Sure wish we hadn't botched that one though.

Back
Top Bottom