Jimmy Johnson to be inducted to the HoF. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson to be inducted to the HoF.

My bad didn't see your thread. Yupper. I love what the HOF is doing this year with announcements!

He didn’t coach that long but still deserving.
He had major impact on how to draft and do draft day trades. The draft value chart is based on his idea and pretty much every team and every FO is using it today when it comes to trading draft picks.

His bad rap with the Dolphins is also undeserved. When he became the HC he took over a salary cap which had mega dead cap implication. The year before Don Shula signed 13 (!!) former 1st round picks in an effort and a final push to bring the Super Bowl back to Miami. That shopping spree had a major impact on JJ's ability to acquire talent throughout his years here.
Here is an article from that very first year:
https://www.si.com/vault/1996/01/22...ic-in-choosing-miami-over-ascendant-tampa-bay

He didn’t coach that long but still deserving.
I went back and it is funny he really didn't coach that long. I messed up and thought he had all 3 SBs. But still i think he deserves...but honestly believe Cowher is more deserving

I on scale of 1-10.....I know about a 4.5

Can someone explain to me how Jimmy Johnson gets into the HOF?
I mean.. an 80-64 NFL coaching record....

Am I wrong?

Cowher is way iffy

He had major impact on how to draft and do draft day trades. The draft value chart is based on his idea and pretty much every team and every FO is using it today when it comes to trading draft picks.

His bad rap with the Dolphins is also undeserved. When he became the HC he took over a salary cap which had mega dead cap implication. The year before Don Shula signed 13 (!!) former 1st round picks in an effort and a final push to bring the Super Bowl back to Miami. That shopping spree had a major impact on JJ's ability to acquire talent throughout his years here.
Here is an article from that very first year:
https://www.si.com/vault/1996/01/22...ic-in-choosing-miami-over-ascendant-tampa-bay
No dispute from me. He did ok w us - we got to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years here. He picked JT and Zach too.

Back
Top Bottom