Jimmy Johnson to the Raider? No way!

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Wanted: Jimmy Johnson
FORMER COACH RIGHT MAN TO RIGHT RAIDERS' SHIP
By Skip Bayless
Mercury News

He's by far the best available candidate for the Raiders vacancy. He was born to be head coach of the Silver and Black. No man could turn this team around quicker.

His name is not Al Saunders, Dennis Green, Art Shell, Terry Robiskie, Lovie Smith or Jim Mora. He is the slick-haired, player-intimidating, part-pirate force field named Jimmy Johnson, and Raiders owner Al Davis wouldn't hire him if Davis lives 74 more years.

But he should...

Friends say Fox commentator Johnson still has the coaching itch. Johnson has long admired Davis and the Silver and Black mystique. Give him another Troy Aikman -- Eli Manning -- and watch him win big in three years.

But would Davis let Johnson have total control of the team? Probably not. Would Davis pay -- or is he capable of affording -- Parcells-type money? Probably not. Could Davis stand it if Johnson got most of the credit for winning a Super Bowl? Probably not.

But hiring anyone less probably will mean extended futility for an owner who isn't getting any younger...

Bottom line: No candidate comes close to Johnson, which is why Davis won't hire him.

Read the rest at:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/football/nfl/oakland_raiders/7618000.htm

I think Jimmy secretly wants to buy a team. All he needs is about 500 million more bucks.

I doubt that JJ will come out of retirement...

With JJ's ego bruised after mediocre seasons in Miami I truly doubt he would take another h-c position at this time !!

At least not until 62 - 7 bad taste leaves his mouth...

Marino1983

I wouldn't care, let him go to the Raiders. He didn't do anything for us, and he wouldn't do anything for them. He was involved in a power struggle with Marino and now he's supposed to go to a team owned by Al Davis?

As my friend xiidaen pointed out, he's happy living in his boat in Miami with his weekly stint on the NFL show. He ain't goin nowhere.

Yeah, Jimmy's going to leave his boat in the keys so he can move to Oakland, work for a guy that's more meddlesome and more hated than Jerry "Facelift" Jones, coach a bunch of over the hill players, and deal with the absolute worst fan base in the entire country. Yup, I sure see that happening.

The fact that Skip "I act like I'm always hopped up on meth" Base-less is the one writing this makes me believe all the more that this is simply the pipe dream of an idiot.

Well said Cranx. Skip Bayless is a sensationalist who screams and yells and says outlandish things just to pop ratings on the radio or get people to read his columns. Most of the time the stuff is filled with his own opinions and not a shred of fact. On top of all that, he is a dead ringer for Maury Povich. I don't know about you but I wouldn't take sports advice from Maury. Making over a tranvestite hooker? Maybe. But sports advice, no.

Al Davis will never sign Jimmy Johnson. As you all SHOULD know, Al does not like spending too much money on a starting coach. He will interview many high school, college and NFL O an D coaches and any other candidate qualified for the job. I would really like to see Dave McGinnis given a shot since he had to deal with getting fired by the worst team in the NFL. But in overall you wont be seeing a Dennis Green, Jim Fassel, Jimmy J. or any other one who costs a lot of money.

Originally posted by BuchanonForPrez
Al Davis will never sign Jimmy Johnson. As you all SHOULD know, Al does not like spending too much money on a starting coach. He will interview many high school, college and NFL O an D coaches and any other candidate qualified for the job. I would really like to see Dave McGinnis given a shot since he had to deal with getting fired by the worst team in the NFL. But in overall you wont be seeing a Dennis Green, Jim Fassel, Jimmy J. or any other one who costs a lot of money.

Agreed. There's also one other thing to consider here: Al Davis is the Devil! :sr23:

Or.....he could waste a year and go coach the Redskins. Six coaches in six years.....

Back
Top Bottom