Jimmy Johnson's draft chart is obsolete | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson's draft chart is obsolete

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
You all keep referring to this thing as if it is a message sent from God. Rhetorical questions (because I know the answers to at least this dual question). When was it made and what were the cap implications then? Todays league has gotten well out of control as far as balance to rookie contracts in the 1st round between picks #1 and #32, veteran players, and even in relevance of the largest contract ever given by a franchise to a player, let alone a player that has never played in this league. We are currently stuck in the collective bargaining agreement for a little while so this will be the way it is, but i see this as a huge sicking point when this contract expires. It seriously has come to the point where we should have to give up a draft pick to another team to get out of the top spot. $30 million guaranteed? What players in the league get that? That's insane. In order to keep our cap in check I would almost give our 1st and 6th or 7th to the Rams for their 2nd ROUNDER where the cap hit is so significantly less it makes 100% sense. With the high price of the #1 pick, I can promise you no one will take it and I def wouldn't be looking for "draft value" out of it. I would happily take the "loss" to get out of the #! pick in this day and age. It is a burden and the draft value chart needs to be updated because it is obsolete.

I agree completely. That said, the GMs seem to be wed to it for some reason or other. Someone needs to give Jimmy Johnson a lesson in basic microeconomics. The supply curve has shifted.

Back
Top Bottom