Jimmy Johnson’s Strong Opinion On The Dolphins’ Trade For Josh Rosen

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by andyahs, May 4, 2019.

1. 13marino13

13marino13 I DON'T ROLL ON SHABBOS! Finheaven VIP Donator

That's an insult to Walmart greeters, they're the ones who should be pi**ed at you...:chuckle:

2. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Really well said, Awsi. Building a team is never about the specific players you acquire. While you can increase your batting average by looking for the right things, every individual selection/acquisition has the potential to fail. The smart teams do a good job of framing the ranges of possibilities and act accordingly. The bad teams know they're right and know that the players they pick will work out. Over a short sample, some of them get lucky and hit at a high rate and think they're geniuses.

I think Rosen probably won't be great in Miami, and I expect to want to draft a QB in 2020. But, who cares? There is a real chance that he is great, and even if you think it's a small chance, the 62nd pick is essentially nothing. I don't think people realize how few QB's have any chance at all. It's why you see a guy like Lock going at 42 (after a trade up). He will almost certainly fail, but there's a crack of light. Rosen has more than a crack of light, and it's rare to get a range of outcomes like Rosen's for so little.

3. Ren

Ren Rookie

We all talk about how brilliant the trade for Rosen was, but the key to all this was the trade with the Saints and getting an extra 2nd next year. That was an amazing move. Once we made that trade, I had a feeling the lower 2nd was going to Arizona, and I was okay with it knowing what we got from New Orleans.

DolfinJohnNY and Mach2 like this.
  4. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

The FO hasn't been this good since Bobby Bethard was here working with Don Shula. Major addition by subtraction eliminating Mike Tannenbaum from the team. Now Grier is free to really do his thing his way. The first thing Grier does is bring in top notch people to form an amazing team. Chad O'Shea and Jim Caldwell's fingerprints are all over the Josh Rosen trade. The Dolphins are finally in good hands and I believe, we may have just hit the QB jackpot. Say anything you want about Rosen but the kid is 22 and has major league arm talent, footwork and mechanics. Add one year experience as an NFL starter under his belt and you've got a guy ready to break out. The way the Cards dumped him puts a chip on his shoulder that will demand retribution. For a change the Dolphins are sitting pretty!! If the Patriots had landed Rosen in similar fashion they would be lauded as geniuses. I'm very happy the way the FO and the coaching staff are working together to build a championship team. They are off to a great start!

5. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

I 100% agree with everything that you say.

BSQ likes this.
  6. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

The big if in this deal is if we can really give him a real shot with as soft as we are on the oline and dline.

7. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Trade value is there but the timing of the move is not great.

8. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team Finheaven VIP

I predict that by opening day, we'll have a pretty decent o-line together functioning well together in the new scheme. When we finally have some decent starters everyone will be screaming about the lack of depth!