Jimmy Johnson’s Strong Opinion On The Dolphins’ Trade For Josh Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson’s Strong Opinion On The Dolphins’ Trade For Josh Rosen

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson indicated to me Thursday that he really liked the Josh Rosen trade. And he reiterated that during an interview with The Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Friday.

“Great move! Talented QB cheap… at very worst he can be a talented backup,” Johnson – the former Dolphins, Cowboys and Miami Hurricanes coach – said during an email exchange on Thursday.

“At best maybe a No. 1. Liked him [at UCLA and Arizona]. The Arizona experience probably humbled him.

Then, on Rose’s show Friday, he said of Miami’s trade:

https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article229984209.html

If Rosen turns into a probowler everyone will come around.

I hated it the moment it happened but after I did the research on the trade details I thought it was ok. After I researched Rosen more in depth and realized that he is very accurate and he is also good at reading defenses and using correct audibles I was happy we got him.

But as more days pass by and more pundents like Jimmie Johnson and Trent Dilfer sing Rosens praises for being intelligent and a "cerebral QB" I'm down right excited.

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is for Rosen to turn into a stud and we can invest all those sweet draft picks next year into a team full of talent surrounding Rosen.

We could win a Super Bowl if this pans out this way. We would at least have a playoff contender for the next 5 years.

I hated it the moment it happened but after I did the research on the trade details I thought it was ok. After I researched Rosen more in depth and realized that he is very accurate and he is also good at reading defenses and using correct audibles I was happy we got him.

But as more days pass by and more pundents like Jimmie Johnson and Trent Dilfer sing Rosens praises for being intelligent and a "cerebral QB" I'm down right excited.

Best thing that could happen to this franchise is for Rosen to turn into a stud and we can invest all those sweet draft picks next year into a team full of talent surrounding Rosen.

We could win a Super Bowl if this pans out this way. We would at least have a playoff contender for the next 5 years.
You kept an open mind, took the time to evaluate and research, and have changed your original opinion. Kudos to you! Love your flexibility and resulting optimism, we could sure use more of that around here!

The way the entire event turned out we were rather fortunate to have the opportunity
to acquire him. If the Cards hadn't brought Klingsbury in it's unlikely they take Murray
#1. Rosen would have never been on the market and we would have probably burned
a fairly high pick on a QB with significantly LESS talent and upside than Rosen.

Rationally it's difficult to fault the move IMO.

But as more days pass by and more pundents like Jimmie Johnson and Trent Dilfer sing Rosens praises for being intelligent and a "cerebral QB"
I'm down right excited.

One of Flores top attributes for a QB was 'cerebral' - NOT elite athlete

I was really not in favor of drafting a QB this year, particularly in the first two rounds. At one point, I was luke warm on Haskins, but the more I saw of him, the less I was willing to spend a rd1 on him.

After we made the trade, I took a more serious look at Rosen, and came away thinking we may have cut a year, or maybe two off the rebuild timetable. It's certainly not a sure thing, but I'm all in on the idea.

I was really not in favor of drafting a QB this year, particularly in the first two rounds. At one point, I was luke warm on Haskins, but the more I saw of him, the less I was willing to spend a rd1 on him.

After we made the trade, I took a more serious look at Rosen, and came away thinking we may have cut a year, or maybe two off the rebuild timetable. It's certainly not a sure thing, but I'm all in on the idea.
Just give him a fair shot, what the hell do we have to lose at this point.

Back
Top Bottom