JJ Watt to Cardinals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JJ Watt to Cardinals

That is a lot of money for a player who has had to deal with major injuries in recent years and isn’t the same player he was 4 or 5 years ago. Yet the Cardinals think he is the defensive player who can get them to the next level.

I like Watt and hope he can get back close to the player he was a few years ago. Also I would rather see him on the Cardinals instead of the Bills if he does get back to playing at that level.

Surprised it wasn't Green Bay.

Glad it wasn't beefalo or the brownstains
At this stage of his career it was obviously more about the money than signing for less with a legitimate SB team. The Cardinals are a good team but I just don’t see them going to or winning a Super Bowl in the next two years.

At this stage of his career it was obviously more about the money than signing for less with a legitimate SB team. The Cardinals are a good team but I just don’t see them going to or winning a Super Bowl in the next two years.

Agree. The NFCW is tough especially if SF rebounds.

It's possible AZ was one of only a couple suitors and was his best shot at the playoffs of those suitors. We may never know.

It's possible AZ was one of only a couple suitors and was his best shot at the playoffs of those suitors. We may never know.
According to reports, the Bills and Packers were interested in signing Watt and they are both playoff teams. I just think the Cardinals offered him the most money and a two year contract.

Of course who and what they offered is just speculation since Watt isn’t saying anything more than he is going to sign with the Cardinals.

I know... Nothing really monumental considering the reality of today's game but

23 MILLION GUARANTEED!

Twenty-Three-MILLION Dollars!

I must be really old because that seems perverse.

I know... Nothing really monumental considering the reality of today's game but

23 MILLION GUARANTEED!

Twenty-Three-MILLION Dollars!

I must be really old because that seems perverse.

I am kinda old.

I don't know that perverse is the right word, but, IMO is telling about 21st century America.

The Cardinals owner could technically afford to pay Watt $23 million a year for 30 years and only lose half his net worth.

Back
Top Bottom