Joe Burrow gets 1st win, throws for 300 again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Burrow gets 1st win, throws for 300 again

He has a lot of pass attempts and yards but his TD% is garbage, he's 26th in TD% with 2.9% and he's 28th in y/a with 6.3.

Kinda reminds me of Drew Bledsoe's 2nd year when he lead the league in pass yards but had almost 700 attempts and an abysmal 6.6 y/a to go with a TD% of 3.6%.
My best guess from what I have watched is that he is throwing under the prevent defense because to sail it down field for TDs would further expose his lacklustre arm

So rather than attempt TDs he piles up completions with short throws - Blt game was a much clearer example of his inability to swing for the fences - and very Tanne-like while a Phin

Taking 22 sacks in 5 games also could suggest he is afraid to throw the ball away - he certainly isn’t “throwing open anyone” And those slow crossing routes he excels at won't be available against the better teams but they are great against the prevent defense

Last edited:
Got crushed by the ravens. We don’t want tua getting crushed like that. Waiting for the right time. Probably once we are out of the playoff race.

I agree with those saying he's riding underneath throws to 300 yards. He hasn't shown a ton of playmaking so far.

Game 6

24 pts first half only 3 pts - second half but 300+ Passing yards

Last Sunday 0 pts first half - 3 pts Second half

300+ yards passing doesn't mean that much nowadays

1-4-1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom