****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Wonder why Burrow dont want play for bengals.. he know why
.his career could be over in 4 yr..

Just watched a rerun of the 1983 draft.

Wow, now that was one lively draft with Elway acting up like a diva not wanting to play for the Baltimore Colts (justified in the end) & our own Marino slipping all the way down to the 6th QB taken.

Doubt Burrow reaches Elway’s level of franchise dissatisfaction. In fact Elway & his family that year made Eli Manning & company seem like angels on a draft night.

Peyton warns Joe Burrow: Rookie year might be rough

The 23-year-old quarterback recently reached out to a former No. 1 selection for input on transitioning to the league. Peyton Manning warned Burrow that his football situation is about to become very different.

"He called me about some of the things that I tried to do as a rookie that maybe he can apply to his NFL career," the impending Hall of Fame QB said Sunday on ESPN's SportsCenter. "Looks like it's going to be for the Cincinnati Bengals. What I told him, 'Look Joe, if you're the first pick in the NFL draft, you are going to a team that has earned the first pick in the NFL draft. There are going to be some holes there. There's a reason the Colts were picking No. 1 that year. There's a reason the Bengals are picking No. 1 this year.'"

Zac Taylor coached Tannehill in Miami. Maybe that's why Burrow may want to go to Miami.

Offer #5, #18, #39 and CB Howard for Burrow.

I took some time to go back and look at our rosters since 2000 as I've been contemplating our draft plans.

When I was looking I came across our roster when we had Reggie Bush and it got me thinking...Burrow said Reggie Bush was his favorite football player ever in a Dan Patrick interview (the same one where he gets a little giddy talking about the Dolphins for a second)

Is it possible young Burrow (in his impressionable mid-teenage years) was watching the Dolphins every Sunday during those couple of years??

I think it is. And while that means nothing today...you have to figure there are backyard football memories of him as a kid dreaming of handing it off and throwing to Bush in a Dolphins jersey. That lingers, and it would serve as a "manifestation" in a way if we selected him. If my theory is true...sentimental stuff always weighs on the mind.

burrow 1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom